"MT. TAPULAO:on top of CEntraL LUzON" Palauig by missmarianne
Palauig Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 26 photos
Major jump-off: Brgy. Damapay-Salaza
LLA: 15.4833 N, 120.1166 E, 2037 MASL
Days required / Hours to summit: 2-3 days / 14 hours
Specs: Major Climb, Difficulty 6/9, Trail class 3
Americans used to call Mt. Tapulao ‘High Peak;’ only during the 1960s did the native name Tapulao come to general use.
An excellent sidetrip to a Mt. Tapulao climb is an overnight stay at Capones Island in San Antonio , Zambales. Just in front of the island is another mountain, Mt. Anawangin , which is gaining popularity even though it is just a half-daytrip.
Climbers complain that the trail is endlessly long (15 kms to Bunker), and some may find a two-day IT too short to do a comfortable hike. You may either space it into three days, or hitch a ride with the miners, even for a short segment of the trip. The three water sources are good throughout the year but it is still advisable to bring 3 L.
Evenings at Tapulao are very, very cold; beginners have to be warned that thermal clothing is advisable and a simple, single jacket is not enough.
The registration area has a shower, some sockets for charging cellphones, and a place where you can leave some of your belongings before climbing. There are two water sources along the trail and near the Bunker; it is also possible to sleep in the Bunker. Cellphone signal is present in most parts of the trail.
- In a nutshell:..
missmarianne's Related Pages
Palauig Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Best Kept Secrets"
- "Palauig, Zambales"
- "MT. TAPULAO:on top of CEntraL LUzON"
- "Oh Armada, You Captivated Me!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palauig
- 0 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Palauig?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palauig
Photos in PalauigSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 15 reviews, 81 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 7 reviews, 79 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 12 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cagbalete Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baguio City Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Padre Burgos Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anilao Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vigan Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Magsingal Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue