Medan Things to Do Tips by missmarianne Top 5 Page for this destination

Medan Things to Do: 63 reviews and 129 photos

Coffee galore! - Medan
Coffee galore!

You people must know that.... in Medan, you can have a better than starbucks cup of coffee for less than a dollar. Yearp, 'heard me right.

When I was there, I thought life was all about coffee and.. I have reached my maximum acid level and voila! I was rushed to the hospital due to excessive ( I meant "abusive") intake of the latter.

Address: All the food areas!

my sister Ecca and I ^^ - Medan

my sister Ecca and I ^^

Speak the universal language, FRIENDSHIP.

In opposition to what I have heard and experienced, I think Indonesians are as friendly as the rest of the asians are. They just get easily intimidated when you speak to them in English knowing that it is not so welcomed and used in the place regularly.. so they have not exercised the potential ability.

They are very cultural (which I admire the most) but not so open in adapting the global perspectives. They easily judge "strangers" just like what they do to each other (when one makes a "noise").

Apparently, it is the mutual trust that works, not one way.

They take pride of being your friend and you will feel the same. Once you are friends (*in genuine context) with them, you will be like a family.

fresh fruit shakes! - Medan

fresh fruit shakes!

Chillax with flavourful smoothies!

Their preparation of fruit shakes is very simple yet I wonder how it comes out great in my taste bud. They just use natural products, no powdered flavour etc. You get what you order, if it is avocado shake, then you see and taste pure avocado, comme ca!

Address: along the roads around the city ^^

me in the market I couldn't remember LOL - Medan

me in the market I couldn't remember LOL

Batik shOpping

Medan is a city surrounded with Batik shops for locals themselves. You can practically get them cheaper in the markets as they are not priced for tourists.

Indonesians say that original batik came from them ( and it is one of their national symbols) and the ones from Malaysia aren't as good the ones they produce..

Address: Available in all dry markets

missmarianne

“enjoy the reciprocity in the world and take part in it”

Badges & Stats in Medan