Medan Things to Do Tips by missmarianne Top 5 Page for this destination
Medan Things to Do: 65 reviews and 131 photos
You people must know that.... in Medan, you can have a better than starbucks cup of coffee for less than a dollar. Yearp, 'heard me right.
When I was there, I thought life was all about coffee and.. I have reached my maximum acid level and voila! I was rushed to the hospital due to excessive ( I meant "abusive") intake of the latter.
Address: All the food areas!
my sister Ecca and I ^^
In opposition to what I have heard and experienced, I think Indonesians are as friendly as the rest of the asians are. They just get easily intimidated when you speak to them in English knowing that it is not so welcomed and used in the place regularly.. so they have not exercised the potential ability.
They are very cultural (which I admire the most) but not so open in adapting the global perspectives. They easily judge "strangers" just like what they do to each other (when one makes a "noise").
Apparently, it is the mutual trust that works, not one way.
They take pride of being your friend and you will feel the same. Once you are friends (*in genuine context) with them, you will be like a family.
fresh fruit shakes!
Their preparation of fruit shakes is very simple yet I wonder how it comes out great in my taste bud. They just use natural products, no powdered flavour etc. You get what you order, if it is avocado shake, then you see and taste pure avocado, comme ca!
Address: along the roads around the city ^^
me in the market I couldn't remember LOL
Medan is a city surrounded with Batik shops for locals themselves. You can practically get them cheaper in the markets as they are not priced for tourists.
Indonesians say that original batik came from them ( and it is one of their national symbols) and the ones from Malaysia aren't as good the ones they produce..
Address: Available in all dry markets
More Reviews (9)
missmarianne's Related Pages
Medan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medan - "The Penang of Indonesia""
- "The Sultan's palace, a mosque & a lot more"
- "MEDAN - LAND OF DELI"
- "Unexpecting Medan"
- "medan... HOmes the tastieeeeeest asian cuisine!"
- "Medan, more of a nature"
- "Thunder City of Indonesia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Medan
- Hotels in Medan
- Transportation in Medan
- Nightlife in Medan
- Restaurants in Medan
- Shopping in Medan
- Warnings and Dangers in Medan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Medan
- 13 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Medan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Medan
Videos in MedanSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 15 reviews, 81 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Princesa Intro, 7 reviews, 79 photos, 7 travelogues
- Sagada Intro, 12 reviews, 57 photos, 6 travelogues
- Cagbalete Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos
- City of Manila Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baguio City Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Padre Burgos Intro, 9 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anilao Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vigan Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Magsingal Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue