"A Last Day Of The Holiday Discovery" Budleigh Salterton by raquelitalarga
Budleigh Salterton Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 31 photos
The local news reported a huge number of starfish had washed up on the beach at Budleigh so the next day we decided on a visit. Humans and seagulls were marvelling at the horde.
It's a wonderful place to take your children (or gran) every year for a 'real' upmarket English seaside holiday. It feels like it's 1972 with it's butcher, fishmonger, nick nak shops and funeral parlour on the high street. It's a shame you won't need a bucket and spade on the pebbly beach but this has probably saved it from becoming too developed.
I suspect the elderly population of this town is huge! Evidence for this is on the high street (funeral parlour and prominent coffin displays), a large retirement home overlooking a cliff and on the sea front is the longest line of wooden benches with deceased person commemorated than anywhere in the world). I'm not sneering as I can see the attraction!! Great views, cliff, beach and river walks, clean air, good shops and cafes, mild climate and it feels very safe.
- In a nutshell:Quaint 1950's feel and set in rolling hills and next beautiful beach
My other half used to holiday every summer at a welsh hill farm with a print on the wall by Sir John Millais. It's... more travel advice
raquelitalarga's Related Pages
Budleigh Salterton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budleigh Salterton - East Devon Gem!"
- "~~~~~BUDLEIGH SALTERTON~~~~~"
- "A Last Day Of The Holiday Discovery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budleigh Salterton
- Hotels in Budleigh Salterton
- Transportation in Budleigh Salterton
- Restaurants in Budleigh Salterton
- Shopping in Budleigh Salterton
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Budleigh Salterton
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Budleigh Salterton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budleigh Salterton
Top 10 Pages
- Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos
- Southwell Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Lincoln Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Astorga Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination León Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tossa Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Criccieth Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Bakewell Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
No friends yet.