"Did you spot the dolphins?" Criccieth by raquelitalarga
Criccieth Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 57 photos
We rented a one bedroom cottage, small but perfectly formed, in the heart of the town. We ate breakfast watching the waves break over the distant shoreline. At night from our bedroom window the illuminated ,ruined castle felt protective rather than foreboding.
There is a wee garden behind the teashop or you can sit out front and watch the comings and goings of the town square.
From this vantage point, if the conditions are right ,you can often see dolphins close to the shoreline.
- Pros:Beautiful countryside and beaches in this area, has railway line, lovely fish and chip shop, you can hear the beautiful welsh language everywhere you go, friendly people.
- Cons:Small, not many restaurant choices, stony beaches
- In a nutshell:Lovely but you need a car
Black Rock Sands, just along the coast (10 mins), has a huge expanse of sand which most visitors (including us... more travel advice
Wander to the mouth of the Afon Dwfor river along the stony beach. Look back to take in great views of the castle... more travel advice
raquelitalarga's Related Pages
Criccieth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A charming little town"
- "Quiet Seaside Town"
- "Did you spot the dolphins?"
- "CRICCIETH, GOGLEDD CYMRU"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Criccieth
- Hotels in Criccieth
- Transportation in Criccieth
- Restaurants in Criccieth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Criccieth
- 6 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Criccieth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Criccieth
Photos in CricciethSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos
- Southwell Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Lincoln Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Astorga Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination León Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tossa Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Criccieth Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Bakewell Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
No friends yet.