Granada Off The Beaten Path Tips by raquelitalarga
Granada Off The Beaten Path: 107 reviews and 151 photos
The Güejar Sierra bus leaves from el Paseo de Salon and takes 40 minutes. First bus of the day leaves at 7.20 and the last at 23.00. The route is worth it just for the views as you wind your way up the mountain.
When you get there you'll find a traditional (slowly expanding) village near the reservoir. There are a couple of good bars and pretty church but the real reason to visit is the natural park (signposted from the village). It's a bit of a pain to have to walk along the road following the river for 2 miles before you get to the real park 'wilderness' (especially the trek back...mostly uphill to get the return bus !). There is an attractive restaurant half way along this route, we had a very tasty meat dish there once. Also there's the reward of a small bar to have a limon in once the road finishes and need a rest before you set off on one of the paths. Listen out for the clinking of goat bells and be prepared to turn a corner and find a bull blocking your way!!
There is a small park, created in 2005, in the grounds of a ruined palacio hidden away in the heart of Realejo.
In a dusty hot city,with few traffic free plazas, this really is an oasis!! There are graffiti tags all over the place and some plants look a little neglected... but there is shade, grass and the soothing sound of the water feature. It is behind the Supersol supermarket and Santo Domingo church.
The park is surrounded by high walls and crazily is often shut during the siesta period of 2 - 5pm. So best to visit in the early evening.
The street name is Paco Seco de Lucena.
More Reviews (35)
- See All Meet a rock star and Japanese flamenco...
- See All Easter
- See All If you have young children
- See All Best zones for students
- See All No snow!
raquelitalarga's Related Pages
Granada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Granada"
- "Much More Than The Alhambra"
- "And How to fall in love with a city...."
- "Feel of Old Islam in Spain"
- "Beautiful architecture and fantastic views!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Granada
- Hotels in Granada
- Transportation in Granada
- Nightlife in Granada
- Restaurants in Granada
- Shopping in Granada
- Warnings and Dangers in Granada
- See All...
Explore the World
- Katipunan Hotels
- Anzola dell'Emilia Hotels
- Todos Santos
- Putrajaya Hotels
- Gornji Stoj
- Mount Buffalo National Park Hotels
- Galleries & Passages
- Bonn Off The Beaten Path
- Alki Point
- Marlay Park
- Wolfsburg Off The Beaten Path
- Tongariro National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Lop Buri Off The Beaten Path
- Grand Bahama Island Off The Beaten Path
- Zoo / Parks / Gardens
- Shrines in Lahore
- Chicken Off The Beaten Path
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Granada
- 37 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Granada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Granada
Top 10 Pages
- Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos
- Southwell Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Lincoln Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Astorga Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination León Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tossa Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Criccieth Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Bakewell Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Granada hotel reviews
- Hotel Macia Real de la Alhambra
- 274 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Princesa Ana Hotel
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 2, 2013
- Hostal / Pension Rodri
- 172 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Palacio De Santa Ines
- 37 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Hotel Casa Morisca
- 259 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Melia Granada
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Hostal Sonia
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Hostal Atenas
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013
- Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Macia Gran Via
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Posada Bocanegra
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 1, 2013
- Pension Casa del Aljarife
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Macia Plaza
- 181 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Apartamentos Vacacionales Real de Cartuja
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 17, 2013
- THE ALHAMBRA- 207 Reviews, 400 Photos
- THE ALHAMBRA: NASRID PALACES- 144 Reviews, 279 Photos
- Albaicin- 72 Reviews, 94 Photos
- THE ALHAMBRA: GENERALIFE GARDENS- 75 Reviews, 164 Photos
- THE ALHAMBRA: ALCAZAR- 33 Reviews, 56 Photos
- MIRADOR DE SAN NICOLAS- 16 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Cathedral- 52 Reviews, 105 Photos
- SACROMONTE- 13 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Alcaiceria, Zoco or Arabic market- 13 Reviews, 29 Photos
- ROYAL CHAPEL- 16 Reviews, 31 Photos
See All Granada Things to Do