"I lived in Granada for nearly 3 years" Granada by raquelitalarga
Granada Travel Guide: 2,035 reviews and 5,074 photos
I miss this city a lot.
I had some amazing experiences...for example I used to teach English in the Alhambra twice a week!! Not a lot of people know that four or or five families have private houses within the palace complex. My students ran an architecture business from their home. What a business address!
Granada is also the city where I fell in love and somehow I persuaded him to swap Granada for Nottingham!
When you wake up in the morning, if it's the spring, summer...or autumn, you are guaranteed beautiful weather. Winters are short and not too sharp. Wherever you are in the city you can catch glimpses of the Sierra Nevada mountains. The high altitude means even in the broiling summers night temperatures drop enough for you to grab some sleep!
Explore as much as possible, the Albaicín and Alhambra are rightly famous but there is so much more to this city!
You won't ever have to pay for a meal if you choose carefully! Granada has a wide range of tapas to choose from but try to choose less touristy bars (head for university area and calle Pedro Antonio de Alarcon for example) if you want bigger portions! Realejo is pretty but getting more expensive. Unfortunately the Albaicín's 'gentrification' (i.e property speculation) has meant the community feel has been ripped out of it.
Granada means pomegranate so you'll see this emblem everywhere in the city, including bollards and drain covers! This photo was taken outside the city hall as the city was gearing up for the Cruces festival.
- Pros:Architecture, climate, tapas, party atmosphere due to students , proximity to mountains and coast
- Cons:Current mayor prohibiting music and alcohol at public fiestas,
If you are planning a visit over the Christmas period be aware that Christmas Eve is the time when most bars and... more travel advice
Down the side of the cathedral you'll find some stalls selling spices and herbs promising every kind of health benefit! more travel advice
- See All Meet a rock star and Japanese flamenco...
- See All Best zones for students
- See All No snow!
- See All Rent an apartment
- See All A Hidden Park
raquelitalarga's Related Pages
Granada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Granada"
- "Much More Than The Alhambra"
- "And How to fall in love with a city...."
- "Feel of Old Islam in Spain"
- "Beautiful architecture and fantastic views!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Granada
- Hotels in Granada
- Transportation in Granada
- Nightlife in Granada
- Restaurants in Granada
- Shopping in Granada
- Warnings and Dangers in Granada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Granada
- 37 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Granada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Granada
Top 10 Pages
- Granada Intro, 37 reviews, 42 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nottingham Intro, 27 reviews, 44 photos
- Southwell Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Lincoln Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Carcassonne Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Astorga Intro, 6 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination León Intro, 10 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tossa Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Criccieth Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Bakewell Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
No friends yet.