"Where ever my boots take me" TarjaH's Profile
I love traveling!
But I also love being at home and enjoying the nature around me.
So I would say that it’s great to step into a plane and but in many cases it’s even greater to step out of it on Kajaani’s airport after eventful adventures.
And that’s how I consider my trips, adventures.
If you want to know more about Finland, is my world the place to visit!
And from my Vuokatti pages you can find some tips how to enjoy of our great nature.
For me traveling is about urge to know the world around me.
It is also about little moments and amazing, sometimes frightening, occasions that just couldn’t happen while lying on my sofa at home.
I wouldn’t have met Catalan singer and visited his house.
I wouldn’t have been in a plane that made emergency landing.
I wouldn’t have sat on one of the most southern beaches of the world.
I wouldn’t have been photographed with Chinese people on Tiananmen.
I wouldn’t have seen the bright colors of coral.
I wouldn't have wondered why in earth this building is built.
I wouldn't have sweated in the rainforest.
I wouldn’t have acted to a taxi driver when we didn’t have common language.
I wouldn’t have eaten the best paella ever.
And what is the most important;
I wouldn’t have met all those amazing persons.
Even if Helsinki is diverse and you can get quite good hint what Finland is about I really recommend you to explore other parts of Finland. Lappland is great but still I would like to introduce you Kainuu. It is in the middle of Finland and a great combination of both north and south.
Kainuu offers numerous places to be alone and think. I bet that sitting in the midnight sun is something that you will not forget as well as the darkest days of winter in candle light!
Kainuu and its nature offers numerous places to walk, hike, ski, fish...
Kainuu ooffers scenes of Kalevala; feel the myths and folklores!
Just come and see Kainuu:
VUOKATTI- town of nature and sport
KAJAANI-town of the casttle ;)
KUHMO- town of myths
SUOMUSSALMI- town of silence
The longest travels often gets the most attention,of course.
Australia and Australia Highlights
Wroclaw and Wroclaw Highlights
But still I have experienced some amazing moments on my shorter trips. And they often are the diamonds! Like a tea seremony in Peking.
Btw, thanks to Finnish legal concept of Everyman's right every one of you can enjoy the Finnish nature! You can walk, ski, cycle, row, sail, swim, pick berries in our pure nature freely as long as you respect it.
Good starting point is to check what Goverment's national parks has to offer!
Personal Pages (3)
Written Sep 16, 2011
My world- Suomi, Finland
Written Sep 10, 2012
Written Oct 4, 2010
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 203 Reviews
- 364 Photos
- 11 Countries
- 23 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- TarjaH and DeeTay are now friends.
updated their Personal Page "My travels"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Your opinion please"
- Wrote a Review Visa in Russia What to Pack
- Uploaded a Video to Fort William
- Uploaded a Photo to "Katinkulta cottages and apartments"
- created a Ilha de São Miguel Travel Page "Ola from green islands!"
- Commented on Waalewiener's profile page
VideosSee All Videos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Vuokatti Intro, 45 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Finland Intro, 6 reviews, 35 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kostomuksa Intro, 12 reviews, 19 photos
- Rethymno Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Madrid Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Fort William Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Ilha de São Miguel Intro, 9 reviews, 12 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Helsinki Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22156 Reviews - 53823 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15552 Reviews - 30944 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23057 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11940 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8354 Reviews - 17030 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19428 Photos