"Paris Je T'aime" parismumsie's Profile

Four Trips of a Lifetime!

Since I first starting posting here I made another trip to Paris in Nov. 2008. I found it as magical as my first trip in March, 2007! Up my return, I created a photojournal blog at http://paristhroughmylens.blogspot.com to feature my photographs. To learn more about my hometown of Birmingham, Alabama please visit my daily photo blog at http://birminghamalabamadailyphoto.blogspot.com

This past summer, I accompanied my daughter and two of my grandchildren back to Paris for a 3 week stay. Following that, we spent a week in the French countryside, Fontaine-Fourches,FR. I was home for 2 1/2 weeks, long enough to empty the suitcase, then flew back. I spent 9 days in Paris and the traveled back to Fontaine -Fourches for a small photography workshop that I led there. After that, almost a week in Paris. I had not intended for it to be that long but flying standby has its problems, and I spent a few more days than anticipated. Not a bad thing you know! I hope to get more photos up in the weeks to come.

Le Marais

This area of Paris is one of the oldest and a treasure trove for photographers. Here are just a few of the photos I took the day I spent there.

LA TOUR EIFFEL

la Cité de l'Architechture et du Patrimoine

This newly renovated museum is an absolute must see in Paris. The commanding views of la tour Eiffel from the windows are breathtaking. My friends Peter and VT's Mad About Paris joined me for a wonderful tour here. Grab a cup of coffee in the café and sit outside on the terrace. Oh la la, a fab view on the cheap!

Rainy Day in Paris

Does this lady look familiar? Well probably not, but it is VT's own Mad About Paris. She joined us for
a few days last June. She knows her Paris and we had such fun seeing it together ,.....finally!

Jardins des Plantes

In the summer we found this garden far less crowded. The Natural History Museum is just amazing. The little zoo was fun for the children as well.

Louvre

For serious photographers, a night shoot at the Louvre is an absolute must. I was fortunate to be able to
shoot there twice last summer. I did not have my tripod with me so I had to figure out how to brace myself and my camera. At night it is absolutely magical.

• Intro Updated Nov 7, 2009

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Happy Birthday Virginia. I'll send wishes to your Facebook page so you'll see it there. Would love to see more of your beautiful photos here on VT. Hope you and Meeps have a nice birthday cake! 8^)

Oct 29, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Another exciting year coming . . . Hope you have many happy travels to Paris . . . and perhaps beyond. Happy Birthday Virginia. I love your blog! Do give Meeps a treat for your birthday, perhaps a new scarf.

• gwened's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Very nice enthusiam for Paris, always welcome. riorich55 told me about you.Cheers

Oct 28, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Virginia, Have a wonderful birthday. I hope it involves a trip to Paris now or in the near future.

• sazaliy's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Wish you happy birthday and long live life full of happiness

• MadAboutParis's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Virg...thanks for showing my best side. Looking forward to our week together in Jan! xx, M

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Hi Virginia - wishing you a very happy birthday! Your photos are gorgeous!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Virginia - thanks for seeing my Paris pages and I see that you also love Paris --- it's an awesome place. My family and I are now spending weekend here in Vegas - and we just finished swimming...and jumping of course, Norman :)

• kathymof's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Wonderful pics! I will be in Paris soon - for two weeks - and cannot wait. Kathy

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Feb 15, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Great pictures of your latest trip. I'm looking forward to many more.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!