"Mill Valley - A little gem" Mill Valley by swissfondue
Mill Valley Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 41 photos
I wanted to stay close to Muir Woods National Monument and my research led me to the historic town of Mill Valley. It sounded like it had loads to offer and I'm pleased to report that Mill Valley didnt disappoint even though my stay there was quite short.
In a word this town is gorgeous with so much going for it aside from its proximity to downtown San Francisco. Mill Valley is located on the eastern slope of Mt Tamalpais and is a short commute from SF but charmingly has all the atmosphere of a country town with all the amenities of a more urban area and an affluent one at that.
This is because Mill Valley is obviously home, and I would imagine an oasis for busy professionals travelling the Golden Gate Bridge each day to and from work in the city. There is obviously no shortage of money in this town, but happily I didnt find it pretentious but rather thought Mill Valley offered the best of both worlds which formed a large part of its considerable charm.
If you like a reasonably tranquil location and small town feel but enjoy eating in upmarket restaurants and browsing gourmet style supermarkets and well stocked wine cellars then Mill Valley will tick all these boxes. And, for lovers of art galleries and boutique style shops there are plenty of those for you to browse at your leisure.
Oh.. and the best thing is that the Redwood forest is right on your doorstep and the stunning beaches of Marin Headland a short drive away.
This town is a well polished gem. I hope, despite the changes that progress inevitably brings, that Mill Valley stays charming .. and remains trendy, at least until I have the opportunity to visit again someday.
- Pros:Well worth venturing across the Golden Gate Bridge to Marin County.
Located just 2.5 miles from Mill Valley and only 19kms north of San Francisco is the tranquil beauty of Muir Woods... more travel advice
The beautiful town of Mill Valley has a very artistic feel and a number of art galleries to enjoy. One gallery I... more travel advice
swissfondue's Related Pages
Mill Valley Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Talkin' 'Bout Mill Valley"
- "Jessicadf's Mill Valley Page"
- "Mill Valley - A little gem"
- "Talkin' Bout Mill Valley"
- "A small town stop over before the Redwood Nat'l"
- "Mill Valley - Land of Pretentiousness"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mill Valley
- Hotels in Mill Valley
- Restaurants in Mill Valley
- Shopping in Mill Valley
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mill Valley
- 5 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Mill Valley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mill Valley
Photos in Mill ValleySee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hong Kong Intro, 137 reviews, 125 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Ireland Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Dublin Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Hobart Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Mill Valley Intro, 5 reviews, 2 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos