"I am at home in Rome!" Rome by deaglos
Rome Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 34 photos
Rome is a very nice comfortable town nestled in the hills between Atlanta and Chattanooga. We moved here in 2002 and have loved it. It continues to grow and prosper, and offers many great restaurants and activites.
Named during a time in Georgia when Greek and Italian was retro, Rome got it's name for it's seven hills, just like Rome Italy.
Rome and it's surrounding area has miles of national forest's, Wildlife preserves, civil war history, ancient indian history, and tons of Both state and local parks. There is almost always fun events for the kids, which mine love, and more areas to fish then I have even found in 5 years.
My motto for everything to do around here is JUST DO IT, and we try to do just that. From hike and camp in John's Mountain Rec. area, to finding a good meal around town, it is all here. I do miss Nevada once in awhile, but love all the trees here.
- Pros:Half way between Atlanta and Chattanooga, so tons to do.
- Cons:More humid then I am used to, but learning to live with it.
- In a nutshell:I am at home in Rome.
I have always loved Red Lobster, when I lived and worked in Zion National park I used to go every 2 weeks. In recent... more travel advice
The downtown area of Rome offers many great river views, as well as some awesome history. The between the rivers... more travel advice
deaglos' Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "rome georgia"
- "My Baptism"
- "Georgia's Rome"
- "I am at home in Rome!"
- "Jimmy7000's new Rome Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Top 10 Pages
- Tybee Island Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Tampa Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Cave City 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Pooler Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Saint Augustine Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
- Rome Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Savannah Intro, 6 reviews
- Solomons 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Chattanooga Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Bowling Green 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.