"CRESTON" Creston by balhannah
Creston Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 42 photos
Creston, is a nice small town located off the main tourist trail.
Dairy farming and agriculture is what Creston is known for. It is nestled in-between the Selkirk and Purcell mountains. What a pretty setting, no wonder it's also known as "The Valley of the Swans."
There is a large expanse of conserved wetland here. In 1883, dykes were built on the Kootenay river and 8000 acres of land was reclaimed.
Of interest, are two old wooden grain elevators on the edge of town. In the town, there are some nice murals, and plenty of arts & crafts to browse.
This is the 2nd largest fruit growing area after the "Okanagan Valley"
Good website is www.crestonvalley.com
A nice scenic drive from Creston, is the SELKIRK LOOP
The scenery in this area is stunning and there wasn't much traffic either, so nice to be able to take in all the wonderful views!
I have put tips on the day trip including some of the Selkirk Loop.
So, please take a seat in the passenger side of the VT CAR, and we will begin our wonderful journey of this area.......................
Starting from Creston, we 1st stopped at SALMO, then TRAIL & ROSSLAND, CASTLEGAR, NELSON
- Pros:Birdlife, Orchards, Mountains, Lakes
From Nelson we had to go to Balfour so that we could cross Kootenay Lake on the Ferry. I had checked the time-tables,... more travel advice
Departing from Castlegar, we followed Road 3A along the edge of the Kootenay River towards Nelson. Along the way, we saw... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Creston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gem of the Kootenays"
- "Creston - BC's little Milwaukee"
- "Creston, Why Creston?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Creston
- Hotels in Creston
- Transportation in Creston
- Restaurants in Creston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Creston
- 14 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (242)
Have you been to Creston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Creston
Photos in CrestonSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue