"CRESTON" Creston by balhannah
Creston Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 42 photos
Creston is off the main tourist trail.
This is a dairy farming and agricultural area, nestled inbetween the
Selkirk and Purcell mountains, its in a pretty setting.
It is also known as the "valley of the swans"
There is a large expanse of conserved wetland here. In 1883, dykes were
built on the Kootenay river, 8000 acres of land was reclaimed.
Two old wooden grain elevators are on the edge of town.
In the town, there are some nice murals, and plenty of arts & crafts to browse.
This is the 2nd largest fruit growing area after the "Okanagan Valley"
Good website is www.crestonvalley.com
A nice scenic drive from Creston, is the SELKIRK LOOP
We drove part of it.
The scenery in this area is stunning, driving on the roads, and there wasn't
much traffic, so nice to be able to take in all the wonderful views!
I have put tips on the day trip which we did that included some of the Selkirk Loop.
So, please take a seat in the passenger side of the VT CAR, and we will begin our wonderful journey of this area.......................
Starting from Creston, we 1st stopped at SALMO, then TRAIL & ROSSLAND, CASTLEGAR, NELSON
- Pros:Birdlife, Orchards, Mountains, Lakes
From Nelson we had to go to Balfour so that we could cross Kootenay Lake on the Ferry. I had checked the time-tables,... more travel advice
Departing from Castlegar, we followed Road 3A along the edge of the Kootenay River towards Nelson. Along the way, we saw... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Creston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gem of the Kootenays"
- "Creston - BC's little Milwaukee"
- "Creston, Why Creston?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Creston
- Hotels in Creston
- Transportation in Creston
- Restaurants in Creston
- See All...
Explore the World
- Provincia de San Cristóbal Hotels
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Campamento Guavate Hotels
- Ios Island Hotels
- Capitale d'Etat-Zone Speciale de Conakry
- Donji Stoj
- Santa Nella Village Hotels
- Isla Baltra
- Cape Girardeau Hotels
- Edwardsville Hotels
Badges & Stats in Creston
- 14 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Creston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Creston
Photos in CrestonSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 225 reviews, 615 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 150 reviews, 276 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 85 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 76 reviews, 206 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 60 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues