"DRUMHELLER - Where Dinosaurs once roamed" Top 5 Page for this destination Drumheller by balhannah
Drumheller Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 205 photos
Drumheller is situated in the Canadian Badlands, a 90 minute drive from Calgary.
On approaching the town, we noticed the landscape change dramaticaly.
It was entirely different to anything we had ever seen before. Dry, layer upon layer of different colour.
We had booked into a B&B at Munson, so this meant that we had time to explore this area, I was so glad we had the time.
We visited two canyons, Horsethief and Horseshoe Canyon, saw amazing Hoodoos, which are creations of sandstone that has been sculptured by wind and rain.
Drumheller is also the home of the World's largest Dinosaur, one which you can climb up inside for views, and the information centre is located here too!
The Royal Tyrell Museum on Dinosaur's, would have to be one of the best Museum's I have ever been to, and it was so reasonably priced, what a great deal!
We enjoyed a good meal at Flintstones [appropriate name], and altogether, had a wonderful time in Drumheller and the surrounding Badlands.
Expect to see hundred's of Oil wells in this area.
- Pros:Different interesting scenery to elsewhere
- In a nutshell:You feel like you are on Mars
Rosedale, and its Suspension Bridge, we came across when following the Hoodoo trail to the Hoodoo's. The Bridge is... more travel advice
Horseshoe Canyon, located in the Red Deer Badlands, was the 1st that we saw when heading to Drumheller The car park area... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Drumheller Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Drumheller - Dinosaur City"
- "Drumheller - badlands, hoodoos, canyons & coulees"
- "Drumheller and the Surrounding Valley"
- "DRUMHELLER - Where Dinosaurs once roamed"
- "Dino's Galore"
- "Alberta's Badlands - The Drumheller Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Drumheller
- Hotels in Drumheller
- Transportation in Drumheller
- Restaurants in Drumheller
- Warnings and Dangers in Drumheller
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Drumheller
- 9 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (242)
Have you been to Drumheller?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Drumheller
- Posted in Travel Copenhagen Forum "Re: Travelling in Denmark"
- updated a Drumheller Travel Page "DRUMHELLER - Where Dinosaurs once roamed"
- Wrote a Review ROSEDALE SUSPENSION BRIDGE in Drumheller Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "ROSEDALE SUSPENSION BRIDGE"
- Commented on one of Karlie85's Drumheller travel pages
Photos in DrumhellerSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue