"GREAT LOCATION ON OKANAGAN LAKE!" Top 5 Page for this destination Kelowna by balhannah
Kelowna Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 194 photos
On a car trip around British Columbia, I had chosen Kelowna as a base for a couple of days.
It was a good choice.
We stayed at a great B&B, with a wonderful couple as host's, they were so
nice and helpful on things to do and see in the area, and how to get to them.
Kelowna is set in a pretting setting, having a range of mountains, and
large Okangagan lake in the valley.
Plenty of nice gardens, walks, orchards and vineyards, sandy beaches,
excellent view points and historic buildings, everything was here, we just
did not have enough time to see all!
The city of Kelowna, [pop 107,000], is the largest community and is located
midway through the valley.
Kelowna has miles of beautiful parkland, and several sandy beaches,
and of course the lake for boating, swimming, water-skiing, windsurfing
and fishing in the Summer months.
In cooler months, the snow-capped mountains entice the skiers, boarders,
snowmobilers and outdoor adventurists for cold weather entertainment.
There are Spring, Summer and Fall Wine Festivals with hundreds of
activities focused on wine making, tasting and touring.
That’s not all though!
If you are not an outdoors person, then there are galleries, museums,
theatres, a casino, artists’ studios,and lots of shops to keep you amused.
I think there is something for everyone here.
We really enjoyed our time here!
- Pros:Nice weather, Nice Town
- In a nutshell:Would have liked to stayed longer, plenty to see & do
Our B&B hosts told us to stop at the lookout, and check out the colour of Kalamalka Lake. Well, sure enough, it was a... more travel advice
Kasugai Gardens were not that large, but still really nice. We were there at the wrong time, as with Japanese... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Kelowna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GREAT LOCATION ON OKANAGAN LAKE!"
- "Kelowna, in the sunny Okanagan Valley"
- "My Kelowna :)"
- "Kelowna- Ripe with Surprises"
- "The urban centre of the Okanagan Valley"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kelowna
- Hotels in Kelowna
- Transportation in Kelowna
- Nightlife in Kelowna
- Restaurants in Kelowna
- Shopping in Kelowna
- Warnings and Dangers in Kelowna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kelowna
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (475)
Have you been to Kelowna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kelowna
Photos in KelownaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues