"STUNNING CASTLE!" Top 5 Page for this destination Burg Hohenzollern by balhannah
Burg Hohenzollern Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 205 photos
THE CASTLE I CHANGED PLAN'S TO SEE.......
AND IT WASN'T A DISAPPOINTMENT............
IT WAS WONDERFUL!
Castle Hohenzollern is the ancestral seat of the Prussian kings and German emperors, and the Bavarian branch of the Nobility of Hohenzollern.
To me, this Castle looks every much a "Fairytale" Castle as the well known Neuschwanstein Castle!
I have seen photo's of the Castle on a foggy day, when all you can see is the top of the Castle and its many tower's peeping through the fog, this becomes one amazing view!
Hohenzollern is one of the famous and most popular castles in Europe.
Not only is the Castle wonderful, but so are the incredible views of the surrounding landscape that we enjoyed.
Emperor Wilhelm II (1859-1941), who visited the castle several times, said.............
"The view from up here is a whole adventure."
Hohenzollern Castle rises majestically on top of Mount Hohenzollern, and in the valley below, are the Town's of Hechingen and Bisingen.
Both villages are located in the foothills of the Bavarian Alps.
If you are at Stuttgart, you could come here as a day trip, as it's only 30km away.
The original castle on this place was built in the first half of the 11th century and destroyed by a seige in1423.
The first 400 years after its construction during the 11th century, Hohenzollern permanently endured raids being bombarded by catapults, attacked by archers and knights.
In 1850, Prussian King Frederick William IV, together with his cousin Prince Karl Anton von Hohenzollern started building a new castle, which was completed in 1867 and soon became a symbol of the new rulers of South West Germany.
This Castle, was one of the best we saw in Germany!
After you have read these pages0, if you would like to follow my trail around Germany, please click on next Town listed below
- In a nutshell:One of the Best Castle's in Germany!
After enjoying a rest, we made our way down to the lower courtyard. This is situated between the inner and outer... more travel advice
The day had been quite hot with the Sun blazing overhead. We had been constantly walking, so we decided it was time for... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Burg Hohenzollern Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STUNNING CASTLE!"
- "Burg and Schloss Hohenzollern"
- "Enchanting Castle"
- "The amazing Burg Hohenzollern"
- "I've got the whole world in my hand !"
- "Great Memories"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burg Hohenzollern
- Hotels in Burg Hohenzollern
- Transportation in Burg Hohenzollern
- Restaurants in Burg Hohenzollern
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burg Hohenzollern
- 12 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (245)
Have you been to Burg Hohenzollern?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burg Hohenzollern
- Posted in Travel State of Queensland Forum "Re: About Toll Charges in..."
- updated a Burg Hohenzollern Travel Page "STUNNING CASTLE!"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Burg Hohenzollern travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "STUNNING CASTLE!"
- Wrote a Review STATUE'S & VIEWPOINT'S - 11 in Burg Hohenzollern Things to Do
Photos in Burg HohenzollernSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 242 reviews, 692 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 121 reviews, 414 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues