"Scenic Highway 35" East Cape by balhannah
East Cape Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 117 photos
Starting from Gisborne, we followed the East Cape road around to Opotiki,
a distance of 330ks and then continued onto Whakatane.
This area is more sparesly inhabited than other parts of New Zealand.
- Pros:Lots of different Maori carvings, coastal scenery.
- Cons:Takes a while to get around if you stop and look at everything
- In a nutshell:A good place to see Maori's culture
"THE PATHWAY TO THE SUNRISE" - The first sun in the world. Two magnificently carved poles located near the eastern end... more travel advice
What a beautiful little church we saw sited on a headland on its lonesome. Painted white, and in good condition, this... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
East Cape Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Scenic Highway 35"
- "Where the First Sunlight Meets the Earth"
- "The Cape"
- "East Cape Road Trip - Spring 2009"
- "East Cape"
- "East Cape Lighthouse"
- "UNDER CONSTRUCTION - PLEASE POP BACK LATER."
- See All...
- Things to Do in East Cape
- Hotels in East Cape
- Transportation in East Cape
- Nightlife in East Cape
- Restaurants in East Cape
- Shopping in East Cape
- Warnings and Dangers in East Cape
- See All...
Badges & Stats in East Cape
- 10 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (459)
Have you been to East Cape?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in East Cape
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 319 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues