State of New South Wales Warnings Or Dangers Tips by balhannah Top 5 Page for this destination
State of New South Wales Warnings and Dangers: 7 reviews and 8 photos
Roadworks on the Pacific Highway NSW
The state of New South Wales is spending a lot of money upgrading the Pacific Highway to a four lane road. This should have been done years ago, I guess better late than never!
As there are roadworks everywhere, you will come across many slow speed limits ranging from 40kph. Do not speed as the Police love to target these areas! There are stop and go signs and traffic lights, all making the journey from Sydney to Brisbane, a lot longer than the estimated time.
Do take this into account until the road is finished, this will not be for quite a few years yet!
Caught behind a wide load
HARVEST TIME IN N/W New South Wales
And you will most likely come across lots of wide loads on the road. These will be Harvesters, Rakes and other equipment used in harvesting the Crops.
When we were travelling, we were caught behind some of these, with little chance of passing as we were towing a caravan, but even with just a Car, you have to be careful because of the lack of room for passing.
Around the Narrabri area, when the cotton had been harvested, we were caught behind a convoy of 10 harvesters, heading back to their base in Narrabri. Cotton is harvested in this area in March - May.
Other crops grown in this area of N/Western N.S.W. are..........
Wheat, barley, canola, Oats, chick peas, field peas and Linseed, all planted in April to June, and harvested October to December.
Harvesting months for other crops are.................
Soya Beans............ Feb or Aprill
Sorghum................. Feb - May
Sunflowers............. Feb - May
Faba Beans............. End of October
so you can see, this is a busy area with harvesters on the road.
The Sunflower crops are pretty when in flower, they are planted in August to January.
New South Wales has very harsh penalties for people caught speeding in their vehicles.
Travelling the Pacific Highway between Brisbane & Sydney you will see warnings of speed cameras, take heed of these as they ARE working all the time. In holiday periods, double demerit points are taken off your driving licence. They say the fixed speed cameras are used at high-risk locations and where severe crashes have been.
The Mobile speed cameras can be anywhere, sometimes a car beside the road with a sign after your have passed the vehicle, a Policeman hidden with a radar gun, or a Police car stopped.
Red-light speed cameras are installed to reduce crashes at high-risk intersections with traffic lights.
Point-to-point speed cameras measure the average speed of vehicles over long distances, point-to-point cameras in NSW are only used to monitor the speed of heavy vehicles
If your interested in knowing where the cameras are located, then check out the listed website.
More Reviews (16)
balhannah's Related Pages
State of New South Wales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My 20 days in NSW"
- "The Founding State"
- "N.S.W..Lakes, desert, beaches, mountains & SKIING!"
- "THE WARATAH - STATE EMBLEM OF NEW SOUTH WALES"
- "New South Wales - Land of Beauty & Contrasts"
- "Places close to Sydney"
- "New South Wales -- A Wonderful STATE of Being."
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of New South Wales
- Hotels in State of New South Wales
- Transportation in State of New South Wales
- Nightlife in State of New South Wales
- Restaurants in State of New South Wales
- Shopping in State of New South Wales
- Warnings and Dangers in State of New South Wales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of New South Wales
- 972 Reviews
- 3,003 Photos
- 62 Forum posts
- 73 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (247)
Have you been to State of New South Wales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of New South Wales
- Posted in Travel State of Queensland Forum "Re: About Toll Charges in..."
- Commented on one of balhannah's State of New South Wales travel pages
- updated a State of New South Wales Travel Page "THE WARATAH - STATE EMBLEM OF NEW SOUTH WALES"
- Wrote a Review ROADWORKS ON THE PACIFIC HIGHWAY in State of New South Wales Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "ROADWORKS ON THE PACIFIC HIGHWAY"
Photos in State of New South WalesSee All Photos (3003)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 244 reviews, 694 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues