"THE WARATAH - STATE EMBLEM OF NEW SOUTH WALES" Top 5 Page for this destination State of New South Wales by balhannah
State of New South Wales Travel Guide: 11,925 reviews and 30,376 photos
A LITTLE HISTORY & WHAT TO EXPECT
In 1770, Englishman Lieutenant James Cook charted the Australian East coast in his ship "The Endeavour." Captain Cook claimed the east coast under instruction from King George III of England on 22 August 1770 at Possession Island, naming eastern Australia 'New South Wales'.
Captain Arthur Phillip and the First Fleet, comprising 11 ships and around 1,350 people, arrived at Botany Bay between 18/ 20 January 1788. On arrival, they found the area was unsuitable for settlement and they moved north to Port Jackson on 26 January 1788, landing at Camp Cove, known as 'cadi' to the Cadigal people.
This is a lovely trip along the scenic coast of northern New South Wales. You can come with me as a virtual friend for a SEASIDE HOLIDAY.
Ballina, Evan's Head, Yamba, Maclean, Bellingen, Port Macquarie, Kempsey, South West Rocks, Stuarts Point, Macksville, Nambucca Heads, Coffs Harbour, Red Rock, Grafton, Lawrence, Casino, and Lismore.
I hope you have enjoyed looking around this small part of Australia!
SYDNEY is known as one of the most beautiful harbours in the World, this is the city most visited by oversea's visitors.
Of course, this is where you will find the Harbour Bridge (the Coathanger) and the Sydney Opera House.
Nearby, are the heritage listed BLUE MOUNTAINS' a must visit if you have the time.
* CLIMATE....Temperate/ Humid, gets cold in Winter.
* SCENERY.... COAST.....Lush, Sub-tropical in the North of the State.
* FURTHER INLAND.... Dryer..... Grain/crop farming, Cotton, Pecan nuts, Sheep & Cattle.
* NEAR THE RIVER MURRAY....Fertile, grow Fruits, vegetables & more
* INLAND....very dry....desert like
New South Wales is the most populated State in Australia.
with 7million + people living here.
* DISTANCE FROM...Victorian Border to Queensland border is......
1400km from Eden in the south to Tweed Heads in the north
AND.... 1100km east to west from Sydney to Broken Hill
THE NEW ENGLAND HIGHWAY is an alternative route to the Pacific Highway that links Sydney and Brisbane.
Whilst a slightly longer route than going via the coast (by approx. 50 km), the New England Highway is often less busy and hence an easier and safer drive.
Allow 10 - 12 hours to complete the entire Sydney - Brisbane drive, depending upon traffic conditions.
The scenic alternative, THUNDERBOLT'S WAY, which passes through Gloucester and Walcha to Uralla is about 70 km shorter than the New England Highway.
I have travelled and seen the majority of New South Wales, trouble is, it was when I didn't have a digital camera, and I wasn't a member of this site.
So, some photo's are scanned, and tips are not written on a lot of places, as I want a photo to put with them.
This page is constantly being updated.
- Pros:Lots of interesting sights and scenery
- Cons:Sydney has very, heavy traffic if you are driving.
- In a nutshell:Something for everyone in this State!
The state of New South Wales is spending a lot of money upgrading the Pacific Highway to a four lane road. This should... more travel advice
New South Wales has very harsh penalties for people caught speeding in their vehicles. Travelling the Pacific Highway... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
State of New South Wales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My 20 days in NSW"
- "The Founding State"
- "N.S.W..Lakes, desert, beaches, mountains & SKIING!"
- "THE WARATAH - STATE EMBLEM OF NEW SOUTH WALES"
- "New South Wales - Land of Beauty & Contrasts"
- "Places close to Sydney"
- "New South Wales -- A Wonderful STATE of Being."
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of New South Wales
- Hotels in State of New South Wales
- Transportation in State of New South Wales
- Nightlife in State of New South Wales
- Restaurants in State of New South Wales
- Shopping in State of New South Wales
- Warnings and Dangers in State of New South Wales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of New South Wales
- 972 Reviews
- 3,003 Photos
- 62 Forum posts
- 73 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (245)
Have you been to State of New South Wales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of New South Wales
- Posted in Travel State of Queensland Forum "Re: About Toll Charges in..."
- Commented on one of balhannah's State of New South Wales travel pages
- updated a State of New South Wales Travel Page "THE WARATAH - STATE EMBLEM OF NEW SOUTH WALES"
- Wrote a Review ROADWORKS ON THE PACIFIC HIGHWAY in State of New South Wales Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "ROADWORKS ON THE PACIFIC HIGHWAY"
Photos in State of New South WalesSee All Photos (3003)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 244 reviews, 694 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 135 reviews, 452 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues