"NEW SOUTH WALES - THE PREMIER STATE" Top 5 Page for this destination State of New South Wales by balhannah
State of New South Wales Travel Guide: 13,112 reviews and 35,126 photos
This is a lovely trip along the scenic coast of northern New South Wales. You can come with me as a virtual friend for a SEASIDE HOLIDAY.
Ballina, Evan's Head, Yamba, Maclean, Bellingen, Port Macquarie, Kempsey, South West Rocks, Stuarts Point, Macksville, Nambucca Heads, Coffs Harbour, Red Rock, Grafton, Lawrence, Casino, and Lismore.
I hope you have enjoyed looking around this small part of Australia!
In 2015 we passed through NSW on our way to the Snowy Mountains. Our first town in NSW was TENTERFIELD a town with plenty of history and beautiful autumn leaves. From there, just click on the BLUE links at the bottom of each page to follow our journey through NSW to Victoria and back.
SYDNEY is known as one of the most beautiful harbours in the World, this is the city most visited by overseas visitors.
Of course, this is where you will find the Harbour Bridge (the Coathanger) and the Sydney Opera House.
Nearby, are the heritage listed BLUE MOUNTAINS' a must visit if you have the time.
* CLIMATE....Temperate/ Humid, gets cold in Winter.
* SCENERY.... COAST.....Lush, Sub-tropical in the North of the State.
* FURTHER INLAND.... Dryer..... Grain/crop farming, Cotton, Pecan nuts, Sheep & Cattle.
* NEAR THE RIVER MURRAY....Fertile, grow Fruits, vegetables & more
* INLAND....very dry....desert like
New South Wales is the most populated State in Australia.
with 7million + people living here.
* DISTANCE FROM...Victorian Border to Queensland border is......
1400km from Eden in the south to Tweed Heads in the north
AND.... 1100km east to west from Sydney to Broken Hill
THE NEW ENGLAND HIGHWAY is an alternative route to the Pacific Highway that links Sydney and Brisbane.
Whilst a slightly longer route than going via the coast (by approx. 50 km), the New England Highway is often less busy and hence an easier and safer drive.
Allow 10 - 12 hours to complete the entire Sydney - Brisbane drive, depending upon traffic conditions.
The scenic alternative, THUNDERBOLT'S WAY, which passes through Gloucester and Walcha to Uralla is about 70 km shorter than the New England Highway.
I have travelled and seen the majority of New South Wales, trouble is, it was when I didn't have a digital camera and I wasn't a member of this site.
So some photo's are scanned and some tips haven't been written because of lack of photos!
- Pros:Lots of interesting sights and scenery
- Cons:Sydney has very, heavy traffic if you are driving.
- In a nutshell:Something for everyone in this State!
What did I like about Yarrie Lake Campground? The peace, quiet, lake frontage, surrounding Birdlife & Wildlife. The... more travel advice
Orana, means "welcome " in Aborignal Wiradjuri language. It is the largest and most diverse region in NSW, covering an... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
State of New South Wales Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NEW SOUTH WALES - THE PREMIER STATE"
- "My 20 days in NSW"
- "The Founding State"
- "N.S.W..Lakes, desert, beaches, mountains & SKIING!"
- "New South Wales - Land of Beauty & Contrasts"
- "New South Wales -- A Wonderful STATE of Being."
- "New South Wales - Entry to Australia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of New South Wales
- Hotels in State of New South Wales
- Transportation in State of New South Wales
- Nightlife in State of New South Wales
- Restaurants in State of New South Wales
- Shopping in State of New South Wales
- Warnings and Dangers in State of New South Wales
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of New South Wales
- 1,487 Reviews
- 4,632 Photos
- 79 Forum posts
- 118 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (583)
Have you been to State of New South Wales?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of New South Wales
- Posted in Travel Galway Forum "Re: The cliffs of moher "
- Commented on one of balhannah's State of New South Wales tips
- Wrote a Review FLORA - FAUNA - LAKE - CAMPGROUND in State of New South Wales Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "FLORA - FAUNA - LAKE - CAMPGROUND"
- updated a State of New South Wales Travel Page "NEW SOUTH WALES - THE PREMIER STATE"
Photos in State of New South WalesSee All Photos (4632)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 254 reviews, 744 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues