"♫ HERE COMES THE SUN! ♫ ♫" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland by balhannah
State of Queensland Travel Guide: 8,454 reviews and 21,433 photos
QUEENSLAND - "THE SUNSHINE STATE - SMART STATE, BEAUTIFUL ONE DAY - PERFECT THE NEXT."
Floral emblem is the COOKTOWN ORCHID
Animal - KOALA
Bird - BROLGA
RESIDENTS known as BANANA BENDERS OR CANE TOADS
An interesting tour to follow, is one we did in 2012. This will take you across about Australia and to beautiful coastal and inland regions, just click on this link to begin....."ROSEWOOD"
THEN click on the town links at the bottom of each page.
"Beautiful One Day - Perfect The Next"
It is like this a lot of the time, we have the most beautiful weather, and are very lucky to live in such a place. Of course, depending on what area you live, there are extremes in the weather too! The people of Queensland enjoy an outdoor lifestyle, and we have world class beaches and waterways, national parks, rainforests and tropical reefs.
The climate is very pleasant, (average summer temperatures of 25 degrees Celsius, average winter temperatures of 15 degrees Celsius) means that Queenslanders enjoy more winter sunshine and warmth than most other Australian states.
Don't forget that this is AVERAGE, as these days, with "Climate Change," some summer days can reach 40deg c. and a lot of the time they are in the mid 30's. It never used to be like this in the coastal areas.
People from the colder southern states are always moving to here at a large rate, making the current population of over 4 million people.
IT IS THE FASTEST GROWING STATE IN AUSTRALIA.
Imagine enjoying a WINTER'S DAY, sitting outside on the Patio, reading the paper or perhaps having a meal in the lovely WINTER'S SUNSHINE, absolute bliss!.............you certainly don't feel like going to work!
Its a lovely time of the year, to be outside, working in the garden.
A lot of the Tropical Trees have spectacular flowers, and lots of streets in the country towns and suburbia are lined with them, pretty in bloom, and a nice shady street for the Summer heat.
WHERE IS QUEENSLAND?
The state capital is BRISBANE, is located on the coast, 100 kilometres by road north of the New South Wales border.
The fifth-largest city by area in the world, IS Mount Isa, and it is located in Outback Queensland.
The state is divided into several regions and tourist brochures are often split into these regions. They then give you information on the Towns, and What to see and do in the area.
Some other smaller regions are...... the Atherton Tablelands, the Granite Belt, and the Channel Country in the far south-west and more......
Queensland is a state of Australia which is in the north-eastern section of the mainland continent.
QUEENSLAND IS AUSTRALIA'S SECOND LARGEST STATE IN AREA
WHERE DO THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE LIVE?
The state's population is concentrated in South East Queensland, which includes the capital Brisbane, Logan City, Ipswich, Toowoomba, and the Gold and Sunshine Coasts.
Other major regional centres include Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Bundaberg, Hervey Bay and Mount Isa, Ingham.
Queensland has many places of NATURAL BEAUTY & FIVE WORLD HERITAGE AREAS
Australian Fossil Mammal Sites at Riversleigh in the Gulf Country,
Central Eastern Rainforest Reserves..........
Great Barrier Reef..............
and the Wet Tropics of Queensland.
This is the official Queensland Tourism website.
More detailed pages are under Town headings on my Travel Pages or click on these links.
ARATULA - BEAUDESERT - BIGGENDEN - BOONAH - BRIBIE ISLAND - BRISBANE - BUDERIM - BUNYA MOUNTAINS - CABOOLTURE - CALOUNDRA - CARNARVON NATIONAL PARK - CHILDERS - CHINCHILLA - CROWS NEST - EMERALD - ESK - EUMUNDI - GAYNDAH - GIRAWEEN N/PARK - GLASS HOUSE MOUNTAINS - GOLD COAST - GOONDIWINDI - GYMPIE - HERVEY BAY - IPSWICH - KILLARNEY - LAMINGTON N/PARK - MALENY - MAPLETON - MAROOCHYDORE _ MARYBOROUGH - MILES - MILLMERRAN - MONTVILLE - MOOGERAH PEAKS N/PARK - MOUNT BARNEY N/PARK - MOUNT FRENCH - MOUNT MEE - MOUNT TAMBORINE - MUNDUBERRA - MURGON - NANANGO - NOOSA HEADS - PALMWOODS - PETRIE - PITTSWORTH - POMONA - RATHDOWNEY - REDCLIFFE - ROCKHAMPTON - ROSEWOOD
SAMFORD ST. GEORGE - SPRINGBROOK - STANTHORPE - SURAT - SURFERS PARADISE - TOOWOOMBA - WALLANGARA - WARWICK - WOOMBYE - YANDINA - YEPPOON
The Queensland page is continually being added to and updated!
- Pros:Has a bit of everything for people to see & do.
- Cons:Large distances, and getting a little hot in Summer.
- In a nutshell:A beautiful place to live and to holiday!
Government House, "Fernberg," is the official residence of the Governor of Queensland, the representative of Queen... more travel advice
This isn't for everyone, including me, but I do often go to Tamborine Mountain near Brisbane to watch the Paragliding... more travel advice
- See All DROUGHTS & WILDLIFE
- See All CORRECT CLOTHING FOR THE WEATHER
- See All AUTHENTIC ABORIGINAL SOUVENIRS
- See All DRIVING YOUR HIRE CAR
balhannah's Related Pages
State of Queensland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Queensland the Place to Be"
- "♫ HERE COMES THE SUN! ♫ ♫"
- "The Sunshine State"
- "The State of Queensland"
- "AMBERLEY AIR SHOW 2008"
- "Australia Zoo - Aussie animals"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Queensland
- Hotels in State of Queensland
- Transportation in State of Queensland
- Nightlife in State of Queensland
- Restaurants in State of Queensland
- Shopping in State of Queensland
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Queensland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Queensland
- 1,228 Reviews
- 3,717 Photos
- 198 Forum posts
- 65 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (264)
Have you been to State of Queensland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Queensland
- Posted in Travel Gold Coast Forum "Re: Gold Coast and Brisbane..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "THE QUEENSLANDER HOUSE"
- Wrote a Review VISIT GOVERNMENT HOUSE - BRISBANE in State of Queensland Local Customs
- Commented on one of balhannah's State of Queensland tips
- updated a State of Queensland Travel Page "♫ HERE COMES THE SUN! ♫ ♫"
Photos in State of QueenslandSee All Photos (3717)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 740 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 164 reviews, 317 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues