"♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫" Top 5 Page for this destination Australia by balhannah
Australia Travel Guide: 47,788 reviews and 125,496 photos
AUSTRALIA IS A BIG COUNTRY!
These pages are being added to all the time.....
For a lot more information, click on the INDIVIDUAL TOWNS IN AUSTRALIA
Just run your cursor over each photo, and it will come up with the name of the State it's located in.
FOR INFORMATION ON THE STATES
WESTERN AUSTRALIA - NEW!
NEW SOUTH WALES
THE NORTHERN TERRITORY is a Territory and not a State
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY is a Territory and not a State
GREAT SOUTHERN LAND, A LAND DOWN UNDER
Whatever you want to call it, Australia, is my Home.
AUSTRALIA is the World's SMALLEST CONTINENT, but the WORLD'S 6th LARGEST COUNTRY.
Australia, is the FLATEST, LOWEST, and except for Antartica, the DRIEST of ALL THE CONTINENTS.
Australia's highest Mountain, MT. KOSCIUSZKO,
located in the Snowy Moutains, is ranked only the 71st highest Mountain in the World!
This means that Mt. Everest, is 4x higher!
AUSTRALIA is home to the WORLD'S LARGEST MONOLITH..... ULURU
Australia's National Gemstone is the Opal,
and on my LIGHTNING RIDGE page, you can read all about where the biggest amount of rare Black Opal is found in the World.
95% of the Worlds supply of Opal comes from Australia's Outback.
Australia's NATIONAL FLORAL emblem is the "ACACIA or GOLDEN WATTLE"
The following is a list of Australian state and territory nicknames, Nicknames of residents, each State's Floral, Animal & Bird emblems.
Smart State, Beautiful one day perfect the next - the FLORAL emblem is the COOKTOWN ORCHID, Animal - KOALA, Bird - BROLGA, residents known as BANANA BENDERS OR CANE TOADS
AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY....
Nation's Capital, the FLORAL EMBLEM is the ROYAL BLUEBELL - Residents known as ROUNDABOUTERS
NEW SOUTH WALES......
First State, the FLORAL EMBLEM is the WARATAH, Animal - PLATYPUS, Bird - KOOKABURRA - Residents known as COCKCROACHES
Outback Australia, The Never Never, the FLORAL emblem is STURT'S DESERT ROSE, Animal the RED KANGAROO, Bird - WEDGE TAILED EAGLE, Residents known as TERRITORIANS
Festival State, the FLORAL EMBLEM is STURT'S DESERT PEA, Animal - HAIRY NOSED WOMBAT, Bird PIPING SHRIKE - Residents known as CROW-EATERS
Apple Isle, the FLORAL EMBLEM is the TASMANIAN BLUE GUM, Animal - THE TASMANIAN DEVIL - Residents known as TASWEGIANS OR APPLE-EATERS
State of Excitement or Wildflower State, the FLORAL EMBLEM is the RED & GREEN KANGAROO PAW, Animal - NUMBAT, Bird - BLACK SWAN - Residents known as SAND GROPERS
Garden State, the FLORAL EMBLEM is the COMMON HEATH, Animal - LEADBEATER'S POSSUM, Bird - HELMETED HONEYEATER, Residents known as MEXICANS [south of the border] or GUM SUCKERS
THE AUSTRALIAN FLAG..........
Consists of the Union Jack in the top quarter of the flag, this represents the United Kingdom,
with the body of the flag having the 5 stars representing the Southern Cross.
The seven pointed Commonwealth Star below the Union Jack, represents Australia's federal system.
Australia is a land of huge contrasts, so much to see, and most people
have so little time.
We have some wonderfully different National Parks, and on my pages I have written about some that are less known to Oversea's Travellers, but are well worth the visit.
There are so many nice places. I have written a lot about places less visited but just as nice, at least these won't be over - run with Tourists!
So, do come and visit, you won't be disappointed, there is something for
It takes us Australians all our lives to get around it!
Dorothea McKellar wrote a patriotic poem on Australia, that describes the country very well
The first stanza refers to England and the fact that the vast majority of Australians of that era were of British birth or ancestry. Most Australians are generally not aware of this first stanza even though the second stanza is amongst the most well-known pieces of Australian poetry.
Copy and paste the link to read the poem
- Pros:A country that has everything
- Cons:A long way from the rest of the World
- In a nutshell:I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweeping plains, of ragged mountain ranges, of drought and flooding rains,......
Lots of Australians love to travel their country by Caravan, Camper, Motorhome and Camper Trailer. What lots of towns... more travel advice
THIS MONSTER OPEN CUT GOLD MINE CAN BE SEEN AT KALGOORLIE, WESTERN AUSTRALIA. SOME FACTS The Super Pit - Located on... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "I travelled a Land downunder"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 4,484 Reviews
- 13,470 Photos
- 579 Forum posts
- 281 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (472)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Word Association Game."
- updated a Australia Travelogue "TOILETS AROUND AUSTRALIA - PART 8"
- Uploaded a Photo to "TOILETS AROUND AUSTRALIA - PART 8"
- Commented on one of the_dutchman's Australia travel pages
- Wrote a Review RV FRIENDLY TOWNS in Australia Local Customs
- Commented on the Australia travel guide
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 319 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues