"KULMBACH" Kulmbach by balhannah
Kulmbach Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 36 photos
Kulmbach is located 22kms from Bayreuth and was first mentioned in 1028.
It's a picturesque old town, that has Tower's, half-timbered building's, Beer, Sausage's, and the famous Plassenburg Castle, which houses the largest tin soldier museum in the world.
Yes, there is Kulmbacher Bratwurst sausage which consists of a very fine ground pork and is served in aniseed rolls, the so-called Stölla.
You can buy these at the sausage stalls in Kulmbach.
It's also known for the strong beer, known as EKU 28, brewed by the Kulmbacher Brauerei, which for years was regarded as the strongest beer in the world.
Plassenburg Castle is where the origin of the "WHITE LADY" came from.
"A White Lady is a type of female ghost reportedly seen in rural areas and associated with some local legend of tragedy.
The theme is often of losing or being betrayed by a husband or fiancé.
They are often associated with an individual family line or said to be a harbinger of death similar to a banshee."
After you have read these page's, if you would like to follow my trail around Germany, please click on next Town listed below
- In a nutshell:Lovely historic old town
As we were enjoying our scenic drive through the Franconian Forest, we happened to notice railway track's. It wasn't... more travel advice
I had just finished reading about "Buddy Bear's," when I actually saw my first one at Kulmbach. The Buddy Bear was in... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Kulmbach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bierstadt Kulmbach, not only (but mostly) beer!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kulmbach
- Hotels in Kulmbach
- Transportation in Kulmbach
- Restaurants in Kulmbach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kulmbach
- 10 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (515)
Have you been to Kulmbach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kulmbach
Photos in KulmbachSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues