"ENGELBERG & MT. TITLIS" Top 5 Page for this destination Engelberg by balhannah

Engelberg Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 500 photos

What a beautiful drive it was along the valley road to Engelberg.

We came to Engelberg to catch the Gondola to Mt. Titlis.....
BUT,
we found more at Engelberg than just the Mountain!

You see, the village has an imposing monastery and collegiate church.

It is also a working Monastery, with about 30 monks living and working here today.

Mt. Titlis is known as the highest glacier excursion destination and biggest ski and snowboard paradise in Central Switzerland.

We went up to 3020 metres above sea level in three different Gondola's,
enjoying marvellous views on the way up and down, plus more at the top of
the Mountain.

This is a beautiful area, and a little cheaper than some of the nearby Mountain's.

On a sunny, clear day, it couldn't be beaten!

THANK-YOU VT for making my Tip's on MT. TITLIS

"TIP OF THE DAY".....23/11/2011

After reading this page, if you wish to follow my journey through Switzerland, please click on the town link below.

ALTDORF

• In a nutshell:Wonderful scenery!
  • Last visit to Engelberg: May 2011
  • Intro Updated Oct 31, 2012

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Fantastic mountain scenery! And you were blessed with such good weather. I would love to do that gondola ride up the mountain!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Jan 24, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Thanks Sarah.
      A wonderful time we will remember for ever!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2012 at 12:44 PM

That’s an awesome photo from the top of Mt. Titlis! Fantastic views from the gondola as well.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Oh wow... I miss the mountains and the green and the blue skies... Fantastic views and landscapes. Interesting thing, this last gondola with moving floor. And the monastery is beautiful indeed!

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2011 at 6:58 AM

beautiful area for sure!! thanks for acknlging my tip of the day; I am just home fr Israel and Jordan, lying in bed all week w a very miserable head&chest cold; our days were gruelling and I never caught up on my rest, making my system vulnerable.

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Dec 9, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Congrats on your excellent tip of the week! And such gorgeous pictures! Switzerland is another one on the wish list. *sigh* So many places, so little time!!

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Back for another look at your page here with new tips - driven around here a lot in different seasons but not made it up Mt Titlis yet but always planned to. nice photos of beautiful Switzerland

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2011 at 4:13 AM

The views are stunning! What a beautiful are to visit, and it seems you were very lucky with the weather!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Such beautiful photos! I think a rotating gondola would scare me but it also sounds kind of cool.

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Engelberg

Have you been to Engelberg?

Latest Activity in Engelberg