"MEDIEVAL ESTAVAYER-LE-LAC" Estavayer-le-Lac by balhannah

Estavayer-le-Lac Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 39 photos

Originally, our plan was to pass through this town, that was, until I saw the Castle.

Plans went out the window!

I actually spent quite a bit of time here, first, exploring the Castle, and then walking the medieval old town.
It really is a town that is worth stopping in, and enjoying the sights, especially the views over Lake Neuchtal.

After reading this page, if you wish to follow my journey through Switzerland, please click on the town link below.

• In a nutshell:A lovely old town that deserves some time!
  • Last visit to Estavayer-le-Lac: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2015 at 2:26 AM

Dee, happy new year from cold Germany. - This town in the french speaking part of Switzerland looks indeed well worth a spontaneous stop.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Jan 5, 2015 at 7:34 PM

Thanks Holger, the same to you from a hot Brisbane! I'm glad we stopped for a look here.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I like the house in the open air museum - haven´t seen anything like its roof before.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2012 at 5:19 AM

Estavayer-Le-Lac really does look like a lovely old town that deserves some time! I?ve been through this area on the train (from Geneva to Basel) but never stopped for a closer look.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Ha, how gret is that: the medieval toilet with coat of arms on the walls :-)) Love it! The gardens look fantastic, no wonder that you simply had to stop and look around :-) And Lacustre is something for me :-) I even could imagine to live in that house :-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2011 at 2:17 AM

You certainly had brilliant weather on your trip! Lovely to see all those small places!

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Estavayer-le-Lac

Have you been to Estavayer-le-Lac?

Latest Activity in Estavayer-le-Lac