"THE SWISS RIVIERA" Top 5 Page for this destination Montreux by balhannah

Montreux Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 415 photos

My husband and I stayed in Montreux for 3 nights.

On my Montreux pages, I will write tips on what we did over those three days.

One day, we went to Sion, one of the oldest towns in Switzerland

We found Montreux to be an excellent base for seeing the sights around the area.

I really enjoyed my time here, and didn't want to leave!

After reading this page, if you wish to follow my journey through Switzerland, please click on the town link below.

SION

• Pros:Lovely area in a warmer part of Switzerland
  • Cons:Finding a car park
  • In a nutshell:Stunning scenery!
  • Last visit to Montreux: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Oct 10, 2012

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2013 at 4:11 AM

Loved the statues and the Chillon Castle :)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Loved the photos of Chillon Castle (inside and out) and the pretty gardens (espcially in Ouchy ) and lake views! The salt mine visit was fascinating and I enjoyed the scenery on the Route Petite Cornishe". A super little tour!

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Hi Dee, what a wonderful page, I love these tips and the beautiful pictures! It looks like a fantastic region to be visited, wow! Very useful and practical advise, too. Your hotel looks very pretty.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Oh wow, what a marvellous tour you did. Love the tiny cute villages and also Chateau Chillon, especially the courtyard and interior. makes me want to go there :-)) And also the salt mines. I was in the mines of Reichenhall and Berchtesgaden and it was surely lots of fun. Magic views from the mountains! And thanks for telling about the other musicians' statues. I knew that Freddie has one, but wasn't aware of the others :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM

You picked a beautiful area for the start of your swing through Switzerland!

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM

You were very fortunate weather wise ... very beautiful photos. I liked Lutry very much, too.

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2011 at 5:40 AM

So flying Duck, this was your fave place! I can see why. I love music boxes too, great invention. Lovely photos :-)

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Wow...talk about blue sky sunny days..looks like an interesting stopover...Ive passed by a few times but not stopped.."Ouchy" seems a great interlude.I think you could spend many days exploring around here! Nice photos Dee!!

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Montreux

Have you been to Montreux?

Latest Activity in Montreux