"PRETTY THUN" Top 5 Page for this destination Thun by balhannah

Thun Travel Guide: 201 reviews and 767 photos

Thun, and I had been looking forward to seeing this town after reading about it on VT.

So, we arrived late afternoon, on a fine day, and went to the Tourist Information centre first to find accommodation. Then, it was time to settle in, find somewhere for Dinner, and then peruse the brochure's for planning the next few days.

Guess what! The weather changed!
Yes, it rained and wasn't the best, so we didn't do all we wanted to, but we still had a pretty good look at Thun,

Thun is lovely, and I would recommend coming here for a look, there is plenty to see and it is quite a good base for seeing the surrounding sights.

After reading this page, if you wish to follow my journey through Switzerland, please click on the town link below.

LAUTERBRUNNEN

• Pros:Pretty, Castle, Lake and Walk's!
  • Cons:Parking is a bit of a hassle to find, and it's busy
  • In a nutshell:A very pretty Town and area!
  • Last visit to Thun: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Oct 30, 2012

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2013 at 6:51 AM

Thun looks so beautiful - the castles are magical and the longest staircase in the world - wow :)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Jun 11, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Thun is gorgeous! It was a pity it turned wet! Thanks for visiting

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2012 at 5:10 AM

I’ve never really been to Thun, that is not to the town itself, though I do know parts of the surrounding area. Thun is impressive even in wet weather, as your photos show.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Enjoyed your page Dee, a pity about the wet weather. Switzerland a fantastic country to visit, maybe someday we can return.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Lifelong learning :-) Never heard of Fulehung before, but now I know what it is. Cute figure!! Wow, they have crossbowers! That festival sounds magic!! Just like the Italian ones :-) Oh my god, Scherzligen Church looks absolutely fantastic! Cute from the outside but the inside is.... adorable! And even more lifelong learning - didn't know about this longest stairway either :-)
    Approx.1000 year s ago I was in Thun, at the lake, but don't remember more than a view of the lake. My god... this bakery is ... dangerous! But I like your B&B.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Dee, gorgeous page with great photos of Thun here. It is a town in Switzerland which is still on my must visit list. The B&B sounds like my sort of thing.

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Again you are inspiring me with your tips, Dee! A trip to the German speaking part of Switzerland is something I would love to do and I should add Thun to the list of places to see.

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Thun