"BLED" Bled by balhannah

Bled Travel Guide: 779 reviews and 1,885 photos

BLED

Bled, I hear time and time again, is picture perfect, just beautiful!!!!!

They say...."You must go to Bled."

Nobody says a bad word about Bled!

Have all these people only been here when the weather is perfect, when there were no traffic jams, parking was easy to find......

I think they must have......

We didn't have the best of times in Bled because of roadworks, traffic jams and no parking spaces. It really does put a dampener on a place and you end up just wanting to get away from it all.
This was Bled for us!

I read about the smooth surface of the lake, that changes colour with the season, the weather, and the time of day, mmm........obviously they weren't here on an overcast day!

I wish we saw it nice and calm, with reflection's like in all the Postcards!

The Church of the Assumption on Bled Island and the Bled Castle are the main attraction's that everybody heads to, and others enjoy the Lakeside walk.

But what else is there to do, gambling in the Casino I guess if you have too much money!

If things had been a little different, then I am sure we would have joined the masses raving about Bled!

Well, these things happen sometimes on holiday, so we moved onto the nearby Lake Bohinj. which I liked far better than Bled

• Cons:Too busy and not enough parking - Expensive
  • In a nutshell:Perhaps, a little over-rated!
  • Last visit to Bled: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Dec 4, 2013

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2013 at 9:22 AM

A shame you were disappointed with the lake, but that parking situation sounds a nightmare! Imagine what it must be like on a beautiful day!! At least the castle was worth a vist though, and the views spectacular :-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Apr 17, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Don't let me put you off Bled as it is in a beautiful situation. When something stresses you, views change a little. I would hate to be here in peak season, would be a nightmare in a car.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
      Jul 17, 2013 at 1:57 PM

What a truly great photo of the lake-and the other tips also very good. I know you liked it in spite of the parking issue

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Oh my, what a bad experience with the parking!! But the castle looks nice, especially with its location high on that rock

• stanian's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Parking at any popular Tourist resort can be a nightmare, we usually visit at the peak period July or August and have always found a spot down by the lake in Cesta Svobode by Bled park. I agree the traffic jams in Bled are frustrating. I think the only answer to that is get there early. It is a nice place to visit once you are there and parked up though.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Bled still looks good in your photos, even if it was a bit of a disappointment on the day you were there.

• picek's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2011 at 4:10 AM

We're also not glad about overcharging at Bled, seems like they want to run 'luxury' or, hm, casino tourism there. At least you had some nice views, despite cloud and sheeps are nice to see, too.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2011 at 8:31 AM

I can understand your disappointment it sound different to the way I saw it so no return just memories now for me.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Another place Ive always heard is magnificent! The Castle looks fantastic:)On a pretty day this must be amazing!

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Well it does look nice but I can understand your concerns. Good page anyway.

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Bled