"WALKING THROUGH A PICTURE BOOK OF HOMES!" Top 5 Page for this destination Mittenwald by balhannah
Mittenwald Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 295 photos
When we arrived at Mittenwald, we parked the car and proceeded to the old town.
Well, It was a sight to behold! So many building's all with Luftlmalereien paintings, it was just beautiful!
I guess you could say I was "goggled eyed" with all these very well done paintings.
The facades of many houses are decorated with wall paintings dating from the 18th century and later.
Most of the colourful and artistic frescoes are based on biblical themes.
Mittenwald is also one of the most important centres of violin making in the world.
The Old town is full of pavement cafes & souvenir shops.
I couldn't think of a better place for that cup of coffee, than in this old area!
We really enjoyed our time here!
It is a must see if you want to see a lot of Luftlmalereien paintings over a compact area, and there are more in the nearby town of Wallgau
After you have read these page's, if you would like to follow my trail around Germany, please click on next Town listed below
- Pros:Mountains, River, Luftlmalerei and more!
- In a nutshell:Too beautiful for words!
Kleiner Park in Mittenwald is a very nice, well kept park, located across the road from the Rathaus. The Rathaus is... more travel advice
This beautifully painted shop had some very different souvenir's outside the Shop. They were of animals, made out of... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Mittenwald Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On Finally Making it to Marvelous Mittenwald"
- "weekend in Mittenwald"
- "Mittenwald . . . home of violin makers"
- "The fantastic facades of Mittenwald"
- "WALKING THROUGH A PICTURE BOOK OF HOMES!"
- "Bavarian Top Village"
- "The perfect alpine town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mittenwald
- Hotels in Mittenwald
- Transportation in Mittenwald
- Restaurants in Mittenwald
- Shopping in Mittenwald
- Warnings and Dangers in Mittenwald
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mittenwald
- 5 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (223)
Have you been to Mittenwald?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mittenwald
- Posted in Travel Darwin Forum "Re: Darwin in six days"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Mittenwald travel pages
- updated a Mittenwald Travel Page "WALKING THROUGH A PICTURE BOOK OF HOMES!"
- Wrote a Review KLEINER PARK in Mittenwald Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "WALKING THROUGH A PICTURE BOOK OF HOMES!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (257)
Latest Mittenwald hotel reviews
- Hotel Garni Edlhuber
- 68 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Post Hotel
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2013
- Gastehaus Franziska
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 11, 2013
- Hotel Jaegerhof
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hotel Pension Bavaria
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 6, 2013
- Hotel-Pension Hofmann
- 1 Review & Opinion