"STUNNING ST. PETERSBURG!" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg by balhannah

Saint Petersburg Travel Guide: 3,519 reviews and 7,466 photos

We have already been to the Ports of Stockholm and Helsinki, now, we have arrived at St. Petersburg at 7am, and will not be departing until midnight!

Great, as I believe there is a lot to see here!

I had booked a group tour with SPU TOURS, so all we had to do, was get off the Ship and find our guide.

This was easy, there she was, holding a notice with our name on it.

We were taken to a 4wd vehicle and introduced to the driver, and then were on our way for a 12hour tour of St. Petersburg.

Where are the other people I asked?

None, she replied, just the two of you!

So, we saw St. Petersburg, really on a private tour, how lucky were we!

Our guide was a young lovely lady who could speak good english.

DID I ENJOY ST. PETERSBURG?......I LOVED IT!

So, perhaps you would like to join me on our tour of St. Petersburg.
My husband and I where more than happy with what we saw!

.............Did you enjoy the tour, maybe want to go for yourself?

If you can, allow about 4 days to see a lot, lot more!

We returned to the ship to enjoy a Russian Folklore show put on for entertainment, this was excellent!

At midnight, we were sailing again, having the next day at sea, and then going to RIGA, Latvia for sightseeing.

• Pros:Beautiful architecture everywhere
  • Cons:Traffic is terrible! Tours very expensive!
  • In a nutshell:Need a week and not a 12hour day!
  • Last visit to Saint Petersburg: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 23, 2012

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2012 at 5:14 AM

Im amazed that you saw this much of St Petersburg during a cruise ship stop. They really must have spent a fortune getting all these buildings and palaces prettied up, it looks stunning!. You did a wonderful job descibng it, it would be so hard to choose from all these wonderful things to see. Thank you for all the work you put into this, this is fabulous!

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Good job you did here! I like it! Greetings!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2012 at 10:13 AM

You are right: the city is really stunning!~ I would like to come back there some day....

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM

How on earth did you fit all this into such a short time? I would love to see inside the St Isaac's Church and to walk around Peterhof, then again I would not be able to walk past the markets or the souvenir shop.
    Everything is so different in that part of Europe. And a goo tip about getting some rubles before you go. A very entertaining page Dee. Well done!

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2012 at 1:58 AM

What an awesome city to visit, thanks for the virtual tour. Yes, the big blocks of flats - they look like big walls, have seen them in Beograd - what a difference between them and the extravagant buildings, eh!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM

This is on my wish list and certainly so many monuments. You seem to have seen the majority of them in a short time. Nice comments and detail on the sites.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Thank you Dee for an excellent page about one of the most beautiful cities in the world ( a city where I was born...). Hope next time you will have not only 12 hours but a week!

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg

Have you been to Saint Petersburg?

Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg