"STUNNING ST. PETERSBURG!" Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg by balhannah
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide: 3,614 reviews and 7,797 photos
We have already been to the Ports of Stockholm and Helsinki, now, we have arrived at St. Petersburg at 7am, and will not be departing until midnight!
Great, as I believe there is a lot to see here!
I had booked a group tour with SPU TOURS, so all we had to do was get off the Ship and find our guide.
This was easy as there she was holding a notice with our name on it.
We were taken to a 4wd vehicle and introduced to the driver, and then were on our way for a 12hour tour of St. Petersburg.
Where are the other people I asked?
None, she replied, just the two of you!
So, we saw St. Petersburg, really on a private tour, how lucky were we!
Our guide was a young lovely lady who could speak good english.
DID I ENJOY ST. PETERSBURG?......I LOVED IT!
So, perhaps you would like to join me on our tour of St. Petersburg.
My husband and I where more than happy with what we saw!
Did you enjoy the tour, maybe want to go for yourself?
If you can, allow about 4 days to see a lot, lot more!
We returned to the ship to enjoy a Russian Folklore show put on for entertainment, this was excellent!
At midnight, we were sailing again, having the next day at sea, and then going to RIGA, Latvia for sightseeing.
- Pros:Beautiful architecture everywhere
- Cons:Traffic is terrible! Tours very expensive!
- In a nutshell:Need a week and not a 12hour day!
I was able to have a quick look at the many market stalls near the Church of the Saviour of Spilled Blood. The stalls... more travel advice
Arts Square was drawn up by Italian architect, Carlo Rossi, who spent most of his life working in Russia and is... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Saint Petersburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "St. Petersburg: a City for all Seasons"
- "St Petersburg : City of Peter the Great"
- "St. Petersburg in Spring"
- "STUNNING ST. PETERSBURG!"
- "St. Petersburg - City of cathedrals and bridges"
- "St Petersburg in Summer"
- "Russian for beginers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Petersburg
- Hotels in Saint Petersburg
- Transportation in Saint Petersburg
- Nightlife in Saint Petersburg
- Restaurants in Saint Petersburg
- Shopping in Saint Petersburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Petersburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Petersburg
- 76 Reviews
- 206 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (583)
Have you been to Saint Petersburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Petersburg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 257 reviews, 752 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues