"HOME OF WORLD FAMOUS "ROYAL DELFTWARE"" Delft by balhannah
Delft Travel Guide: 501 reviews and 1,370 photos
I eventually made it...................
My visit to Delft, was on the day when "everything that could go wrong, did day!"
As such, when I arrived in Den Haag by Train and wanted to catch the No1 TRAM to Delft, I wasted about 2 hours. The Information centre sent me on a Wild Goose chase, then I asked quite a few people, none who knew.
Eventually, I ended up back at the Train Station and bought a ticket for the TRAIN to Delft instead of the Tram.
So, I ended up in Delft, feeling rather hassled, and not happy, that so much time had been wasted today not through my doing!
Delft, is the home of Royal Delftware which was established in 1653 and is the last remaining Delftware factory from the 17th Century.
The Delftware is entirely hand painted.
Delft also has historic ties with the Dutch Royal House.
The "New Church" has the Royal Crypts.
The Mausoleum of "William of Orange" (1533-1584) is on display here. He was considered the founding father of the Netherlands, and was the 1st to be buried in the Church.
I wandered around Delft, taking in the sights, browsing the shops, looking at the Royal Delftware.
It was here that I bought some small souvenirs to take home, and I must say, they were delighted with them.
Delft was a pretty town, once again, canals giving beauty.
I didn't leave until late, to make up for lost time, lucky it was still daylight until 9pm.
- In a nutshell:Pretty town!
Walking once again is the best way to enjoy the sights. You can go on you own, with or with out a map. You can buy a... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Delft Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "For your Dutch quaintness fix :-)"
- "Delft from where the "blue" conquered the world."
- "DELFT --A SPECIAL PLACE IN OUR HEARTS"
- "Delving into Delft"
- "Playing tourist on a beautiful sunny but cold day"
- "Delving Through Delft"
- "The Royal Delft"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delft
- Hotels in Delft
- Transportation in Delft
- Nightlife in Delft
- Restaurants in Delft
- Shopping in Delft
- Warnings and Dangers in Delft
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Delft
- 3 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (242)
Have you been to Delft?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delft
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue