"Say CHEESE! say EDAM!" Top 5 Page for this destination Edam by balhannah
Edam Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 223 photos
My memories of eating Edam cheese date back to when I was a little Girl.
My Mother used to buy Edam cheese for special occassions, I remember it well in the Red Parrifin Wax coating. I liked it then, and still do!
EDAM OF OLD...............................
Edam is a small Town in the Province of North Holland. It dates back to the 12th century, when Farmers & Fishermen settled along the River Ye.
The small settlement gradually grew, at one stage it had 33 shipyards, and was known for building some famous ships.
IT'S TIME TO PAY EDAM A VISIT!
When I visited, I was lucky that the morning's rain had cleared. This gave me some good reflection photos. Edam is easy to walk around, the canals are lovely, as are the old buildings.
I think Edam is well worth a stop.
- Pros:Lovely spot to spend an afternoon
- Cons:Couldn't find any
- In a nutshell:More of interest than just cheese
These are a few of my favorite things!!! Actually, they are a few of the interesting sights I saw on my walks around... more travel advice
This building dates back to 1778. Inside the shop is a big variety of different cheese made from different milk. Sheep,... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Edam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dam on the Ye"
- "Say CHEESE! say EDAM!"
- "Most famous for its cheese"
- "the town and its cheese"
- "City of Cheese"
- "Tulips and Windmills cruise"
- "More than cheese: super-picturesque Edam!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edam
- Transportation in Edam
- Restaurants in Edam
- Shopping in Edam
- Warnings and Dangers in Edam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edam
- 7 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (586)
Have you been to Edam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edam
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 257 reviews, 752 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues