"HISTORIC HOORN" Hoorn by balhannah
Hoorn Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 5 photos
Located 35 kms from Amsterdam, Hoorn is a very old Town, being founded in 716. It has a population of approx 68000 people.
Hoorn is a Harbour town, and used to be a very important harbour for the "Dutch East India company" This trading company went to sea, visited other countries and returned to Holland laden with Spices which they sold at a good profit.
Cape Horn, the tip on South America, is actually named after the town "Hoorn" in Holland.
Hoorn is also another Museum town in Holland.
It has a total of 6 museums in town.
I did my walk around Hoorn, and found some interesting shops.
Laurel & Hardy were in a shop window.
Being a large town, I didn't enjoy it as much as some I had visited.
A cheap way to get to Hoorn is by the Bus. The Bus leaves from the Bus Station near Central Station. If you are standing... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Hoorn Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hoorn
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (547)
Have you been to Hoorn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoorn
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 170 reviews, 326 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues