"NORWAY BY CRUISE SHIP" Norway by balhannah
Norway Travel Guide: 10,630 reviews and 30,015 photos
We have arrived in Norway, via MSC Orchestra Cruise Ship.
As a lover of Cruises, we thought this would be a great way to see the fjords, it sure was!
I would like to thank fellow VT member and friend foona [Berit] for the help she gave me when planning my trip to her beautiful, scenic country.
Our cruise to Norway began in COPENHAGEN.
From there, we cruised to KIEL in Germany, then had a day at sea..............
before stopping for our 2nd port of call which was GEIRANGER.
Geiranger was fantastic, we had a great time, but now we are cruising to FLAM
Flam was wonderful.
We did the Flamsbana train trip, and another one up the Mountain to Stegastein Look-out, both the trips were great!
Our next port is STAVANGER.
The Ship anchors right beside the old town, so it is very easy to walk and see Stavanger.
We found a good look-out and did a fjord cruise, both were good!
We are now moving onto our final port of call, the Capital of Norway - OSLO.
We loved Oslo and were sad to leave this lovely City.
In the morning we will be back in Copenhagen, the Port we began this cruise from.
The scenery on this cruise has been incredible.
A cruise to Norway is a wonderful way to see the fjords, one I would recommend to do.
Probably not with MSC, as the food wasn't the best, but there are plenty of cruise-lines to choose from.
I hope you enjoyed the "virtual" cruise as much as we did the real one!
- Pros:Fantastic scenery!
- Cons:Very expensive!
- In a nutshell:Norway is a stunning country!
balhannah's Related Pages
Norway Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "By HURTIGRUTEN through Norway"
- "great landscapes and more !"
- "Norway: The fjords land"
- "Norway - the nature in its purest form"
- "Saagar's Norway pages"
- "Trip to Urnes and Bergen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Norway
- Hotels in Norway
- Transportation in Norway
- Nightlife in Norway
- Restaurants in Norway
- Shopping in Norway
- Warnings and Dangers in Norway
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Norway
- 95 Reviews
- 360 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Norway?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Norway
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 225 reviews, 615 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 150 reviews, 276 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 85 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 76 reviews, 206 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 60 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (229)
Top Norway hotels
- Oslo Hotels
- 2968 Reviews - 7198 Photos
- Bergen Hotels
- 937 Reviews - 2365 Photos
- Trondheim Hotels
- 350 Reviews - 1014 Photos
- Stavanger Hotels
- 298 Reviews - 973 Photos
- Kristiansand Hotels
- 54 Reviews - 198 Photos
- Ålesund Hotels
- 170 Reviews - 544 Photos
- Honningsvåg Hotels
- 53 Reviews - 163 Photos
- Flåm Hotels
- 128 Reviews - 334 Photos
- Kirkenes Hotels
- 41 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Narvik Hotels
- 100 Reviews - 271 Photos
- Tromsø Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 580 Photos
- Geiranger Hotels
- 165 Reviews - 474 Photos
- Kløfta Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Lillehammer Hotels
- 148 Reviews - 354 Photos
- Mo i Rana Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 29 Photos