"A BEAUTIFUL GREEK ISLAND" Top 5 Page for this destination Kos by balhannah
Kos Travel Guide: 335 reviews and 779 photos
I WISH I HAD MORE TIME TO ENJOY KOS.
I really liked what I saw and did on this Island.
If I knew there were so many interesting sights, I would have spent two full days here, and not just the one day by Ferry from Bodrum.
Kos is a Greek Island located in the beautiful Agean Sea. The Capital, is the town of Kos. It is the 3rd largest of the Dodecanese islands, after Rhodes and Karpathos, and its population is about 30,000 people.
During the Summer months, more than 1million people visit the Island. Our Tourist guide told us that the Island people depend nearly entirely on Tourism for their survival. Agriculture, farming and fishing are their other means of support. In the Winter months, most of the Resorts & Accommodation, also Tourist places close.
Kos town has a pretty harbour and lots of open spaces with Palm trees and pretty Bouganvilleas, which just happened to be in flower when I was there.
There are loads of outdoor Cafes and Restaurants in beautiful positions, just nice to laze away the day. Beaches as well!
There are plenty of shops, though some were closed when I was there, perhaps off season. Pretty little Churches dot the countryside. How I wish I had the time to explore more!
There are also Ancient sites to visit here.
The Ancient Agora in the Port Area......................
The Ancient Gymnasium, full of Roman streets, thermal baths & mosaics..............
The Asklepion, a Temple of Worship..................
The Plane Tree of Hippocrates......................
The Museum, and more sights as you wander around this delightful Town.
Oh! I nearly forgot, there is a Castle here as well, as well as other pretty villages to visit.
- Pros:Nice size Island
- In a nutshell:Gorgeous little Island that I'm glad I visited
KOS............ Was originally founded in 366 BC. The Town you visit now is in the same place as the original one.... more travel advice
This is a lovely spot in Kos town. Here, there are plenty of outdoor Cafes if you want to stop and have a bite to eat.... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Kos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kos Town"
- "Kos Town"
- "Kos, Capital of Kos Island"
- "A BEAUTIFUL GREEK ISLAND"
- "Kos, Greece"
- "I can see Turkey from here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kos
- Hotels in Kos
- Transportation in Kos
- Nightlife in Kos
- Restaurants in Kos
- Shopping in Kos
- Warnings and Dangers in Kos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kos
- 13 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (480)
Have you been to Kos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues