"BUCHLOVICE & THE CHATEAU!" Buchlovice by balhannah

Buchlovice Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 32 photos

There are a couple of reasons for coming here, the main one being to see
the marvellous, Chateau Buchlovice.

This Chateau is beautiful, and a must see!

The other, to see Castle Buchlov.

We move onto our next town which is KROMERIZ

• In a nutshell:See Buchlovice Chateau!
  • Last visit to Buchlovice: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2014 at 2:35 AM

Beautiful gardens indeed! A shame you didn't go inside - though I do know what you mean about school parties, although as Don says, here you may have found them better behaved?

The castle too looks interesting and I think I would have been tempted inside. I love the tree growing out of the wall!

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Very impressive castle! And I liked the garden too. Yes, I second Don - it might have been interesting to follow the school group. But then the teacher or guide would have talked in Czech, so not much to understand.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Oct 4, 2013 at 6:49 PM

We have been where school groups are going through and found it isn't the best. Like you said, it would have been in Czech!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I?ve never heard of this place, but it does look impressive. Actually it can sometimes be interesting to go through a place when a group of school children is present. I don?t know how it is in the Czech Republic, but in France the children always seem to be attentive and well-behaved. (Not so in Germany, unfortunately.)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Jan 20, 2013 at 1:35 PM

A very nice Chateau. We found the Czech Rep. had lovely Chateaus in the smallest of towns, quite a surprise for us!

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jun 9, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Lovely gardens surrounding the castle, especially the Fuchsia garden!

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2012 at 7:05 PM

It looks like a beuatiful place to visit. We'd love to get back to the Czech Republic someday. We only had a week there last time.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2012 at 8:13 PM

its a pity that in Cech Republic most of the palaces have that stupid NO-photo-regulation !

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Buchlovice

Have you been to Buchlovice?

Latest Activity in Buchlovice