"THE FANTASTIC MEDIEVAL CITY OF CESKY KRUMLOV" Top 5 Page for this destination Cesky Krumlov by balhannah

Cesky Krumlov Travel Guide: 333 reviews and 953 photos

Cesky Krumlov..............

THE WHOLE CITY is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous for its Old Town, with 300 protected medieval buildings, and a castle complex which is the second largest in the Czech Republic.

Set in a pretty area, with the Vltava running through the City, its has narrow streets full of old townhomes, inns, shops, and cafes.

Located in the southwest part of the Czech Republic, its population is about 14,000 residents.

As the Old Town of Cesky Krumlov is a car free zone, we have parked our Car, and now I am going to explore the Old Town.

Please join me as a virtual touring companion, as we wander the old streets and discover Cesky Krumlov.

We begin our tour at TIP 1

This is the last Town we looked around in the Czech Republic.

Now on our 2011 European road trip, we are heading across the border and into Austria.

I hope you will be my virtual companion once again, as we travel the high mountain roads in Austria, visit Monasteries and beautiful towns in Austria, starting with FREIDSTADT

• In a nutshell:A MUST VISIT!
  • Last visit to Cesky Krumlov: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 24, 2013

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2014 at 3:42 AM

What a beautiful place this Cesky Krumlov is, esp the Castle. Love the architecture there as well.

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Great post. I was just there last month and it was a highlight of my trip...

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Oh yes, this is indeed a charming city!! No wonder that it is UNESCO listed!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Nov 24, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Thanks for taking the tour of my Czech towns. Yes, Cesky Krumlov deserves the UNESCO title, it really is a wonderful town to wander around and enjoy. Perhaps you will get there one day:)

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM

What an absolutely charming city. The Viaduct is amazing. The castles are so beautiful. Lovely page Dee!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Cesky Krumlov sounds like a great place to visit.
    Old baroque theatres are really fascinating, but they are seldom in such good condition as the one you describe.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Feb 20, 2013 at 4:00 AM

Thanks Don. Cesky Krumlov is a beautiful old city with lots of interesting architecture and places to see. I would have liked more time there.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Lovely place to spend a day!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Enjoyed your page Dee, excellent photos. Missed CK during our week in Prague, as luck has it there is a day tour on our river cruise.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Fabulous new page about this Czech gem. Cesky Krumlov has always been on my must-visit list, but up to now I haven't made it there.

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Cesky Krumlov

Have you been to Cesky Krumlov?

Latest Activity in Cesky Krumlov