"KROMERIZ - A UNESCO HERITAGE TOWN" Kromeriz by balhannah
Kromeriz Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 98 photos
FULL OF BEAUTIFUL ARCHITECTURE & GARDENS
Why did we come to Kromeriz?
It was declared the most beautiful historical town in the Czech Republic for the year 1997.
It included historical gardens and the archbishop’s palace, registered in the UNESCO list of world heritage sites in December 1998.
That was enough reason for me!
Well, the Town didn't disappoint, nor did the gardens!
Kromeriz lies on the banks of the Morava river in a fertile area.
Kromeriz in the 13th century, was the original market settlement at the crossroads of business routes. It became the property of the Olomouc bishops and was declared a town in the year 1260. Here the bishops built a representational summer residence and placed the administration of the extensive possessions of the diocese in it.
Kromeriz was called the Athens of the Hana region!
Long ago, Kromeriz was known for its Art's and Culture, and it still is, often holding music festivals, exhibitions, professional conferences and conventions.
So, my suggestion is, If you are out this way, pop into Kromeriz for a look, I doubt if you will be disappointed!
Our next stop is at Slavkov U Brna
- Pros:Easy parking, Easy to walk, plenty to see!
- In a nutshell:Garden's are some of the best in the World!
Now, you musn't get this confused with the "Flower garden" as this one is located below the Palace, and to me, nowhere... more travel advice
THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING ROTUNDA EVER! When I first saw this octagonal building, acting as an axis for the garden's and... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Kromeriz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Small town in the South Moravia (Zlín Region)"
- "KROMERIZ - A UNESCO HERITAGE TOWN"
- "wine country"
- "A Wombat in the Gardens of Kromeriz"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kromeriz
- 9 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (242)
Have you been to Kromeriz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kromeriz
- Posted in Travel Bodrum Forum "Re: bus from bodrum town to..."
- updated a Kromeriz Travel Page "KROMERIZ - A UNESCO HERITAGE TOWN"
- Commented on one of balhannah's Kromeriz travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "KROMERIZ - A UNESCO HERITAGE TOWN"
- Wrote a Review KROMERIZ CASTLE GARDEN in Kromeriz Things to Do
Photos in KromerizSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue