"KROMERIZ - A UNESCO HERITAGE TOWN" Kromeriz by balhannah

Kromeriz Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 98 photos

FULL OF BEAUTIFUL ARCHITECTURE & GARDENS

Why did we come to Kromeriz?

Answer...............
It was declared the most beautiful historical town in the Czech Republic for the year 1997.

It included historical gardens and the archbishop’s palace, registered in the UNESCO list of world heritage sites in December 1998.

That was enough reason for me!

Well, the Town didn't disappoint, nor did the gardens!

Kromeriz lies on the banks of the Morava river in a fertile area.

Kromeriz in the 13th century, was the original market settlement at the crossroads of business routes. It became the property of the Olomouc bishops and was declared a town in the year 1260. Here the bishops built a representational summer residence and placed the administration of the extensive possessions of the diocese in it.

Kromeriz was called the Athens of the Hana region!

Long ago, Kromeriz was known for its Art's and Culture, and it still is, often holding music festivals, exhibitions, professional conferences and conventions.

So, my suggestion is, If you are out this way, pop into Kromeriz for a look, I doubt if you will be disappointed!

Our next stop is at Slavkov U Brna

• Pros:Easy parking, Easy to walk, plenty to see!
  • In a nutshell:Garden's are some of the best in the World!
  • Last visit to Kromeriz: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 11, 2013

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2013 at 4:48 AM

Lovely gardens indeed :-)

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Nov 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM

On of the most beautiful I have ever seen in this style of garden!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Great looking gardens and buildings!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Jan 20, 2013 at 1:37 PM

One of the best gardens I have ever seen. The Rotunda was amazing, I spent ages in there wandering around. A pity photo's don't do it justice!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2012 at 5:07 AM

I was nearby in Olomouc, unfortunately I didn't have enough time to see Kromeriz and the fortress (Bouzov). A visit to the archdiocese museum in olomouc would go nicely with the visit to the palace here. I was quite surprised with the open opulence.

• MM212's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2011 at 7:38 AM

The opening photo on your homepage intrigued me, so I checked out your Kromeriz page. Stunning architecture in a city I had never heard of! Prague is high on my list of places to visit, but now I'll add Kromeriz as well. Cheers from Los Angeles!

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Kromeriz

Have you been to Kromeriz?