"BEAUTIFUL LUHACOVICE" Luhacovice by balhannah

Luhacovice Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 51 photos

One of my favorite towns in Czech Republic!

Luhacovice is located in the southeastern corner of the Czech Republic.

The development of the Town began in the 17th century, with the most significant construction of beautiful building's being in the 20th century.
The buildings were designed by Dusan Jurkovic in many different architectural
design's, including Art Nouveau, early modernism and functional.

The Spa town flourished in the 20th century, so is a "young spa" in the Czech Republic!

There are several different mineral springs, each with different properties specializing in inhalation treatment of the upper respiratory tract, Mineral baths
and hydrotherapy, sulfurous baths, and a peat spa all can be tried here, so, if you have a problem, it just maybe the place to come!

The beautiful architecture on the building's, would be enough for me to come here and stay!

I had a wonderful time here, saw heaps, took lots of photos!

Now it's time to move onto BUCHLOVICE

• Pros:Nice area, small town, lovely buildings!
  • In a nutshell:Wonderful array of beautiful buildings!
  • Last visit to Luhacovice: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 11, 2013

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I am speechless! Thank you dear Dee for showing this town! These houses are most magnificent, especially with their fine architectural details and the wooden carvings and balconies! I wonder if Czech Republic plans to add this town to the tentative UNESCO heritage list! It would deserve to be listed!!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Oct 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I was like you Ingrid, I couldn't believe my eyes - such a beautiful town, and there was more, only Ian wanted to move on as I had spent quite a lot of time here! That is when I like being on my own exploring!
      I really like the Czech republic and their buildings. I agree it should be listed!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM

A lovely town! No wonder Leoš Janáček loved to go there for the Kur and to compose his music.

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM

What a great place! You sure do capture the beauty and charm of it. Excellent page!

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2011 at 11:52 AM

oh Dee, you have definitely made me want to go back and meander thru these areas!! great tips and beautiful photos (as always)!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Those houses are real pretty.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2011 at 11:14 PM

G'day, Dee! I see it's an amazing place...I am sure I would have enjoyed my stay there too.....

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Luhacovice

Have you been to Luhacovice?

Latest Activity in Luhacovice