"TELC AND THE BEAUTIFUL TOWN SQUARE!" Top 5 Page for this destination Telc by balhannah

Telc Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 372 photos

Telc is a UNESCO heritage listed Town.

Good came from bad for Telc.
You see, in 1530, most of the Town was burnt to the ground by a terrible Fire.

The Town had to be rebuilt, and a Master Builder from Italy was called in to do the job.

The result is.....
Beautiful Renaissance styled building's, and many of them!
The Main Square is stunning, as it has a large variety of these homes, all painted in pastel colour's, they really do look wonderful!

Telc Chateau, another Renaissance building, overlooks one of the fishpond's that virtually surround the Old Town.

It is the "Old Telc" that is of interest!

There is a lot more to see here than I have written about.

We enjoyed our time, our Lunch here and seeing the sight's.

As you can see by my Photo's, a thunderstorm was fast approaching, and we didn't make it to our Car in the dry.

Our time here was cut short because of this!

It was still raining when we arrived at our next town, which was Jindrichuv Hradec

• In a nutshell:One of the most beautiful Town Squares in the Czech Republic
  • Last visit to Telc: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 22, 2013

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Oh this looks beautiful, almost like work of a confectioner :-) With all the cute pastel coloured houses :-)

• CatherineReichardt's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2013 at 3:27 AM

Looks like a lovely place, Dee ... maybe on a future trip ...???

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2013 at 9:28 AM

To me the name of this town always sounds funny because I know TELC primarily as an acronym for "The European Language Certificates." But the town really does look beautiful, I must say.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Feb 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I know what you mean with the names of some towns. It's often quite interesting finding out why they were named such.

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Telc is really a picturesque town - I visited it a couple of years ago during my trip to the Czech Unesco Heritage sites. I've noticed that you have seen a lot of places in the Czech Republic. Thanks for sharing.

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Telc