"TURANJ NEAR KARLOVAC" Karlovac by balhannah
Karlovac Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 149 photos
Karlovac is a City named for Archduke of Austria, Charles II.
In German, it means Karlstadt or Carlstadt ("Charles's Town").
The City was built in 1579, including a new city-fortress was a part of the deal between the Protestant nobility of Inner Austria and the archduke Charles II of Austria, in exchange for their religious freedom. The Nobility agreed to finance the building of a new fortress against the Ottoman Empire.
We are now leaving Croatia, and heading back into SLOVENIA, please join me in the virtual car!
For me, driving through Turanj was a sad sight. We saw many homes with bullet holes, I guess the people too poor to have... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Karlovac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City of four rivers"
- "TURANJ NEAR KARLOVAC"
- "The rivers of Karlovac"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlovac
- Hotels in Karlovac
- Nightlife in Karlovac
- Restaurants in Karlovac
- Shopping in Karlovac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlovac
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (264)
Have you been to Karlovac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlovac
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 740 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 164 reviews, 317 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues