"THE INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL WATERFALLS OF PLITVICE" Top 5 Page for this destination Plitvicka Jezera National Park by balhannah
Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Guide: 380 reviews and 1,127 photos
WORDS CAN NOT DESCRIBE THIS STUNNING PARK!
Plitvice Lakes National Park, is the oldest national park in Southeast Europe and the largest national park in Croatia.
Founded in 1949, PLITVICE LAKES NATIONAL PARK (Plitvicka Jezera) is located in ancient forest known as the "Devil's Garden," halfway between Zagreb and Zadar, near the border to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In 1979, Plitvice Lakes National Park was added to the UNESCO World Heritage register among the first natural sites worldwide.
Each year, more than 1,200,000 visitors come!
EVER WONDER WHY?
Well, once you have been to this enchanting world of 16 cascading lakes, subterranean caverns and breathtaking waterfalls which is home to deer, bears, wolves, boars and rare bird species, I think you will fully understand why!
From November till the end of March, this Park is covered with snow freezing the lakes between December and January creating a magical winter wonderland, how I would love to see this!
The National Park is open daily all year round, with longer opening hours during summer (usually 8am to 7pm).
After coming and seeing this beautiful National Park for ourselves, it is easy to see why this park is visited by so many people.
It is on the top of my list for MOST BEAUTIFUL WATERFALLS LANDSCAPE IN THE WORLD!
I think the best idea is for you to join me as a "virtual" friend on my long walk around the Park.*
I have my walking shoes on and a bottle of water, and am eager to experience the Park. We have arrived at the Park just before opening time, great!
Plenty of parking spaces and hardly a person around!
Feeling fairly exhausted, we have returned to our car.
Did you enjoy your walk, I did!
Time now to move onto SLUNJ, another town with pretty waterfalls!
Please come and join me!
- Pros:Great park, with good trails, not too expensive
- In a nutshell:About the best landscape including waterfalls you could ever see!
Located in the same area as Park entrance 1, are souvenir shops. In June, only one shop was open. The shop sold a good... more travel advice
We have walked the whole length of the Park, and are at Entrance 2, and now have to make our way back to the beginning,... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rhapsody of Water in the middle of Croatia"
- "PLITVICKA JEZERA"
- "THE INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL WATERFALLS OF PLITVICE"
- "Plitvicka National Park, pure beauty"
- "P L I T V I C E"
- "MORE OF PLITVICE'S BEAUTY"
- "An Amazing Paradise In Croatia..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Hotels in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Transportation in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Nightlife in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Restaurants in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Shopping in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- 28 Reviews
- 109 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Plitvicka Jezera National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plitvicka Jezera National Park
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: Sydney thenthe Great Barrier..."
- Commented on one of balhannah's Plitvicka Jezera National Park travel pages
- updated a Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Page "THE INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL WATERFALLS OF PLITVICE"
- Wrote a Review Shop at park entrance about Local crafts & souvenirs in Plitvicka Jezera National Park Shopping
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shop at park entrance"
Photos in Plitvicka Jezera National ParkSee All Photos (109)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue