"THE INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL WATERFALLS OF PLITVICE" Top 5 Page for this destination Plitvicka Jezera National Park by balhannah

Plitvicka Jezera National Park Travel Guide: 380 reviews and 1,127 photos

WORDS CAN NOT DESCRIBE THIS STUNNING PARK!

Plitvice Lakes National Park, is the oldest national park in Southeast Europe and the largest national park in Croatia.

Founded in 1949, PLITVICE LAKES NATIONAL PARK (Plitvicka Jezera) is located in ancient forest known as the "Devil's Garden," halfway between Zagreb and Zadar, near the border to Bosnia and Herzegovina.

In 1979, Plitvice Lakes National Park was added to the UNESCO World Heritage register among the first natural sites worldwide.

Each year, more than 1,200,000 visitors come!

EVER WONDER WHY?

Well, once you have been to this enchanting world of 16 cascading lakes, subterranean caverns and breathtaking waterfalls which is home to deer, bears, wolves, boars and rare bird species, I think you will fully understand why!

From November till the end of March, this Park is covered with snow freezing the lakes between December and January creating a magical winter wonderland, how I would love to see this!

The National Park is open daily all year round, with longer opening hours during summer (usually 8am to 7pm).

After coming and seeing this beautiful National Park for ourselves, it is easy to see why this park is visited by so many people.

It is on the top of my list for MOST BEAUTIFUL WATERFALLS LANDSCAPE IN THE WORLD!

I think the best idea is for you to join me as a "virtual" friend on my long walk around the Park.*

I have my walking shoes on and a bottle of water, and am eager to experience the Park. We have arrived at the Park just before opening time, great!
Plenty of parking spaces and hardly a person around!

Lets go!

***************************************************************

Feeling fairly exhausted, we have returned to our car.
Did you enjoy your walk, I did!

Time now to move onto SLUNJ, another town with pretty waterfalls!
Please come and join me!

• Pros:Great park, with good trails, not too expensive
  • Cons:Nil
  • In a nutshell:About the best landscape including waterfalls you could ever see!
  • Last visit to Plitvicka Jezera National Park: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Jan 22, 2013

• ValbyDK's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Wow, I wanna go there... Beautiful photos.

• peterdhduncan's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2013 at 2:56 AM

We stayed at the hotel within the park several years ago. Absolutely magical!!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Oh, this is stunning indeed! I would love this I know, but next best is seeing all your photos and reading your descriptions. I so enjoyed my virtual walk through this beautiful park :-)

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Absolutely breathtaking.

• cal6060's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Yeah wow... one of the most beautiful national parks on earth! Enjoy reading your reviews! thanks : )

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Oh wow!!! This must be among the most beautiful scenery ever on the planet!! I never saw so many waterfalls, they must have gazillions of them! I love especially the ones which seem to come from tree tops! Ok, convinced, I will watch the old Karl May movies now with open eyes :-) The silver Lake at least :-) Thanks for this page, Dee :-)
    Oh, and your photos would make nice calendars :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Fantastic lakes, falls and caves! Thanks for the virtual walk.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Dee, another fabulous page about trip in Croatia. I have once visited the Plitvicka Jezera when it still belonged to Yugoslavia.

• onedaysomewhere's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Lovely photos and good tips. It must have been good to see the park without the crowds.

• dplesko's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I like your review

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Plitvicka Jezera National Park

Have you been to Plitvicka Jezera National Park?