"RUDESHEIM & TOURIST'S GO TOGETHER!" Top 5 Page for this destination Rüdesheim am Rhein by balhannah

Rüdesheim am Rhein Travel Guide: 180 reviews and 325 photos

Rudesheim is a winemaking town in the Rhine Gorge and part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site.

It lies at the foot of the Niederwald on the Rhine’s right (east) bank on the southern approach to the Lorelei.

The town belongs to the Frankfurt Rhine Main Region and is one of Germany’s biggest tourist attractions with only Cologne Cathedral drawing more tourists from other countries.

Tourist Boat's stop here, people come in the drove's to experience this Town!

It didn't quite live up to my expectation's.

In saying this, I had previously seen many quaint German Village's better than Rudesheim.

What I did like here, were the lovely view's over the River and Vineyard's.

I think if you haven't seen that many German villages before, then you will love it!

If you have finished reading these tip's, and would like to continue with my on my tour through part's of Germany, then please click on the Town below.

RHENS

• In a nutshell:A bit over-rated!
  • Last visit to Rüdesheim am Rhein: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 6, 2012

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2013 at 1:45 AM

I certainly agree than Rüdesheim is over-rated. Since it is not far from Frankfurt we once went there for our annual staff outing. The one interesting thing was the brandy factory, but as I am not a big brandy drinker I was not terribly fascinated.
    It's a shame that so many tourists only go to Rüdeshaim and miss some of the really nice nearby towns in the Rhine Valley.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2012 at 1:49 PM

When you took that trip last year, not much was missed. This is another nice place to see if we return. Great job of tips

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I still can't decide whether I liked Ruedesheim or not. I was only there for about 2 hours and was dragging my luggage behind me so I didn't get to do much. Still I'm about to write a small page about it, just because I like some of the few photos I took there and the Schnitzel was jolly good too. Nice page as always, Dee

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Rüdesheim am Rhein

Have you been to Rüdesheim am Rhein?

Latest Activity in Rüdesheim am Rhein