"OLD ALTHOFEN" Althofen by balhannah
Althofen Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 18 photos
Golly, this Town is old!
Here I was, from Australia which is less than 300years old, walking around a Town that was settled by the Celts around 300BC!
In 1041, the village was first known as Altanhouun, received market rights in 1230, then became a major trading centre in Carinthia at that time.
- In a nutshell:A nice old Town worth looking at.
The Fronfeste lies on the northern edge of the Upper Market and is now used for residential purposes. The building is... more travel advice
Schloss Althofen is another Schloss that towers above a Town. This gothic, 14th century Schloss, was occupied by... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Althofen Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Althofen
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (220)
Have you been to Althofen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Althofen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 83 reviews, 268 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue