Hallstatt Things to Do Tips by balhannah
Hallstatt Things to Do: 129 reviews and 246 photos
These Waterfalls look to be right in Hallstatt. They are seen easily from the streets of Hallstatt, but for a closer look, just follow the short, well sign-posted trail leading from Hallstatt to the Waterfalls. When we were there, there wasn't a real lot of water tumbling over the 90 metre high sheer rock face which is divided into 3 stages. I imagine at different times of the year, this waterfall could be very impressive!
For those who need a rest after the walk, there is a seat for the weary body and legs!
A lake, and immediately I think of water sports and fishing.
If this was Australia, my husband and I would be enjoying fishing like the couple in my photo, and also on the Lake water-skiing.
I found Kayaks, Boats and Paddle boats for hire, you can go sailing and swimming, even scuba driving in the Lake, and its 100metres deep!
A lake cruise is always beautiful in a setting like this, I wish it had been a sunny day and we would have done this, oh well, a reason to return!
This would be nice too..... Thursday nights in July and August, there is a CANDLELIGHT BOAT TRIP around the Hallstatt lake, wow! I would love to do that!
So you can see why Hallstatt is very popular. There is something here for the whole family to enjoy.
Well, you really can't in Hallstatt, as the town is not very wide because of its lakeside location.
It is a good idea just to go where ever you feel like exploring. There are plenty of Museums, nice Churches, the Saltmines, waterfalls, and for me, the Austrian homes with their pretty flower boxes were a delight!
I browsed the souvenir shops, found some beautiful sketches, so one is now home on my wall.
The town square is lovely with a Fountain in the centre and Cafes, Hotels, Restaurants and beautiful buildings.
This is what I liked best about Hallstatt!
PS>>.... If you don't want to get lost, then take a GUIDED TOUR through town every Saturday from June to October!
Address: The Town of Hallstatt
Views from park of Hallstatt
We had just been to the nearby Dachstein Caves and were heading to Hallstatt, when we came across a nice park and picnic ground by the lake. This was on the L547 from Winkl.
We pulled in and found from here, there were beaut views across the Lake to Hallstatt and the Mountains. It was worth the stop to view Hallstatt from a different angle.
More Reviews (1)
balhannah's Related Pages
Hallstatt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hallstatt . . . my inspiration"
- "Heavenly Hallstatt......."
- "Hallstatt - Picturesque UNESCO village"
- "Hallstatt...it’s paradise!"
- "Beautiful Hallstatt"
- "Historical, magical, beautiful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hallstatt
- Hotels in Hallstatt
- Transportation in Hallstatt
- Nightlife in Hallstatt
- Restaurants in Hallstatt
- Shopping in Hallstatt
- Warnings and Dangers in Hallstatt
- See All...
Explore the World
- Junction Hotels
- Provincia de Coclé
- Honouliuli Hotels
- Saint Croix
- Warmeloh Hotels
- Huddersfield Hotels
Badges & Stats in Hallstatt
- 5 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (191)
Have you been to Hallstatt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hallstatt
Photos in HallstattSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 225 reviews, 615 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 150 reviews, 276 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 91 reviews, 280 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 85 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Petersburg Intro, 76 reviews, 206 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 60 reviews, 196 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (229)
Latest Hallstatt hotel reviews
- Pension Hallberg
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2012
- Seehotel Gruner Baum
- 75 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2013
- Gasthof Simony
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- Gasthof Zauner
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 9, 2013
- Gasthof Hirlatz
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 27, 2013
- 1 Review & Opinion