"A CITY AND ITS DRAGON!" Top 5 Page for this destination Klagenfurt by balhannah

Klagenfurt Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 464 photos

Thank-you VT for making my tip on MINIMUNDUS - "TIP OF THE DAY"
March 12th 2012

THE LEGEND OF KLAGENFURT

The City of Klangenfurt was founded on a Legend!

Evidently, this area was haunted by a Dragon known as a Lindworm. One of the men killed it, and a City was born!

Klagenfurt am Worthersee is the capital of the federal state of Carinthia in Austria.

It is the 6th largest City in Austria.

The city is the bishop's seat of the Roman Catholic diocese of Gurk-Klagenfurt.

Klagenfurt has a typical Continental climate, with a fair amount of fog throughout the autumn and winters are rather cold.

Klagenfurt has 800 years of history, an old town, Castles from the Middle Ages & Renaissance ages, and was home to several great Poets.

Well, I had a wonderful time here, especially finishing off with a few hours at Minimundus.
A pity it rained and ruined some photos, but at least I did manage quite a few without rain-drops.

So, we are back in the Car, and now on our way to VELDEN AM WORTHERSEE, where we are going to spend some time.
please join us!

• Pros:Easy to walk and see the lovely buildings
  • In a nutshell:Wonderful city, would have liked to spent longer!
  • Last visit to Klagenfurt: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated Jan 29, 2014

• prasadindika's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2014 at 4:28 AM

I love you so much your tips.. very nice

• Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2014 at 3:50 AM

Thank you for excellent virtual trip to Klagenfurt!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 16, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Good story about the dragon - seeing them all over the town like this reminded me of Krakow which also has a dragon as its emblem. Minimundus looks fun too, and very well done :-)

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2012 at 9:52 PM

What a lovely town this is. I think I was at Minimundus when I was little :-) I love the little things shown there!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
      Sep 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Thanks Ingrid! I love those miniature cities & worlds etc., that one was exceptionly well done. You will have to go and see for yourself!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Amazingly detailed models in Minimundus! And the city of Klagenfurt looks very interesting, too.

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2012 at 4:50 AM

I absolutely loved your tips on the Minimundus :)

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2012 at 10:51 AM

HaHa -This one really caught me out - but I need more than 80 days for this world tour so have booked another trip!

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Klagenfurt

Have you been to Klagenfurt?

Latest Activity in Klagenfurt