"A CITY AND ITS DRAGON!" Top 5 Page for this destination Klagenfurt by balhannah
Klagenfurt Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 464 photos
Thank-you VT for making my tip on MINIMUNDUS - "TIP OF THE DAY"
March 12th 2012
THE LEGEND OF KLAGENFURT
The City of Klangenfurt was founded on a Legend!
Evidently, this area was haunted by a Dragon known as a Lindworm. One of the men killed it, and a City was born!%C*
Klagenfurt am Worthersee is the capital of the federal state of Carinthia in Austria.
It is the 6th largest City in Austria.
The city is the bishop's seat of the Roman Catholic diocese of Gurk-Klagenfurt.
Klagenfurt has a typical Continental climate, with a fair amount of fog throughout the autumn and winters are rather cold.
Klagenfurt has 800 years of history, an old town, Castles from the Middle Ages & Renaissance ages, and was home to several great Poets.
Well, I had a wonderful time here, especially finishing off with a few hours at Minimundus.
A pity it rained and ruined some photos, but at least I did manage quite a few without rain-drops.
So, we are back in the Car, and now on our way to VELDEN AM WORTHERSEE, where we are going to spend some time.
please join us!
- Pros:Easy to walk and see the lovely buildings
- In a nutshell:Wonderful city, would have liked to spent longer!
Just 38kms from Klagenfurt, we came across Eberndorf stift. Eberndorf Stift is a large complex, and very old with... more travel advice
Not only are there buildings on display, but Train stations and Trains running on tracks around the complex. There were... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Klagenfurt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A CITY AND ITS DRAGON!"
- "My short trip"
- "Klagenfurt in winter"
- "Lake Worthersee, Paradise on Earth"
- "Go there before everyone knows about it...."
- "Capital of Carinthia"
- "sightseeing, walking, swimming and sunbading."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Klagenfurt
- Hotels in Klagenfurt
- Transportation in Klagenfurt
- Nightlife in Klagenfurt
- Restaurants in Klagenfurt
- Shopping in Klagenfurt
- Warnings and Dangers in Klagenfurt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Klagenfurt
- 32 Reviews
- 127 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (223)
Have you been to Klagenfurt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Klagenfurt
Photos in KlagenfurtSee All Photos (127)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (258)
Latest Klagenfurt hotel reviews
- Seehotel Hafnersee
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 2, 2012
- Arcotel Moser Verdino
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 22, 2013
- JGH Klagenfurt
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Pension Zlami
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 2, 2013
- Liebetegger Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 17, 2013
- Lindner Seepark Hotel - Congress & Spa
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 18, 2013
- Geyer Hotel Klagenfurt
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 11, 2013