"SMALL BUT BEAUTIFUL TRAUNKIRCHEN" Traunkirchen by balhannah
Traunkirchen Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 60 photos
"A GEM OF A VILLAGE!"
I read Traunkirchen is one of the most picturesque places of the Salzkammergut.
Did it live up to its reputation?
A picture perfect village, it's situated by Lake Traunsee, it has a nice Church and Chapel, the Lake, Mountains, pretty gardens and interesting buildings.
Old archaeological findings have been found here from the Neolithic days and the Bronze age.
If you are interested in this little Village, then you might want to come for some of the annual events.
This area has a lot of traditions and customs, one of them is the........
GLOCKLERLAUF, A procession held on February 5th, to awaken the spirits of spring. Men in ancient costumes, bells and dancing are part of the festival.
ANTLASSINGEN, Is held on the night before Good Friday, is another ancient ritual. The towns folk walk through the Village singing a specific chant in commemoration of the fear and passion of Christ.
The procession starts at 9am and concludes at 3am on Good Friday.
FRONLEICHNAM - CORPUS CHRIST PROCESSION, Is rather different, as it's a procession of Boats on the Lake.
There are others, just ask or ring the local information centre.
There is a network of hiking trails, spots for bathing, water sports, boat rentals and cruises, running trails and mountain bike routes and a natural toboggan run in the winter.
It's a good base to explore nearby Hallstatt and other attractions in the area, and is much less touristy.
Why wouldn't you want to come here!
We are now driving a short distance to another Town on Lake Traun which is GMUNDEN
I hope you will come, as the Villages and Towns in this area are pretty and historical.
- Pros:Pretty, Pretty, Pretty!
- In a nutshell:A drop, dead, gorgeous Village!
When I was looking around the Monastery, I came across the floodwater marker. I always find these interesting, as the... more travel advice
There are some architecturally beautiful buildings in Traunkirchen. One of them is the Russian villa that was built... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Traunkirchen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Traunkirchen Page"
- "SMALL BUT BEAUTIFUL TRAUNKIRCHEN"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Traunkirchen
- Hotels in Traunkirchen
- Transportation in Traunkirchen
- Shopping in Traunkirchen
- Warnings and Dangers in Traunkirchen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Traunkirchen
- 10 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (584)
Have you been to Traunkirchen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Traunkirchen
Photos in TraunkirchenSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 254 reviews, 744 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues