"CHIRK & ITS BEAUTIFUL CASTLE!" Chirk by balhannah
Chirk Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 118 photos
Chirk stands on the escarpment above the point at which the rivers Ceiriog and Dee meet near the border of England and Wales
The name Chirk is a Welsh name 'Y Waun' means 'the moor'.
Chirk's strategic position meant a castle was built by the Normans in the early 12th Century. In 1310, the Marcher fortress of Chirk Castle, was completed and today proudly guards the entrance to the Ceiriog Valley.
The main attraction's are Chirk Castle and the Aqueduct's.
Both of these we enjoyed very much!
If you would like to continue with me through this part of Wales, please click on the Town name below.
- Pros:Both are excellent - The Castle & Aqueduct!
- In a nutshell:The Castle and the Aqueduct is about all to see in Chirk!
The Poacher's Pocket had a black board menu out the front that appealed to us, somewhere to park our car too, so it was... more travel advice
Well, I guess I should say, the owner's [Myddelton coat of arms] I saw a few of them, a good one is above the entrance... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Chirk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Easter Around Chirk"
- "CHIRK & ITS BEAUTIFUL CASTLE!"
- "Before the School Term"
- "Chirk Castle"
- "Castell Y Waun"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chirk
- 10 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (220)
Have you been to Chirk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chirk
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: How much spending money to..."
- Commented on one of balhannah's Chirk travel pages
- updated a Chirk Travel Page "CHIRK & ITS BEAUTIFUL CASTLE!"
- Wrote a Review GREAT FOOD - GREAT PRICE - GREAT LOCATION! in Chirk Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "GREAT FOOD - GREAT PRICE - GREAT LOCATION!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 83 reviews, 268 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue