"OUR FIRST TOWN IN ENGLAND WAS................." Top 5 Page for this destination Dover by balhannah
Dover Travel Guide: 347 reviews and 734 photos
The White Cliff's of Dover
I think everybody must have heard of these cliffs!
White, [well not pure] they were, and they stretched for miles along the English coastline.
I had read many reports that Dover didn't have much to offer, perhaps it hasn't for some people, but I really wished I had a little more time to explore!
A must visit is the information centre if you have only just arrived in England. It would have to be one of the best I have ever been to.
There was information and plenty of free brochure's on all over England and free for you to take! Plenty of staff on hand to help, souvenirs, and some maps, books, etc, that you have to pay for.
It was located quite close to the Maison Dieu.
The Dover website is excellent, and has lots of information on the town itself and the surrounding area.
If you wish to join me on my tour around some of England, please click on the next town link listed DEAL
- Pros:Quite a lot of history
- Cons:Busy and hard to find a car park
- In a nutshell:Worth more than a "drive through!"
Dover Castle opens at 10am and closes at 6pm. If you have read my tips and the website, you will realize there is a lot... more travel advice
St Mary in Castro, is a church in the grounds of Dover Castle. Coming from a "young country," I couldn't believe that I... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Dover Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to England"
- "Gateway to England"
- "MEDIEVAL DOVER"
- "OUR FIRST TOWN IN ENGLAND WAS................."
- "More of a dirty greenish colour"
- "One day trip to Dover.."
- "Just passing through?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dover
- Hotels in Dover
- Transportation in Dover
- Nightlife in Dover
- Restaurants in Dover
- Shopping in Dover
- Warnings and Dangers in Dover
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dover
- 14 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (479)
Have you been to Dover?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dover
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 253 reviews, 742 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 166 reviews, 320 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dresden Intro, 86 reviews, 280 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues