"STRATFORD UPON AVON" Top 5 Page for this destination Stratford-upon-Avon by balhannah

Stratford-upon-Avon Travel Guide: 385 reviews and 1,112 photos

Stratford-upon-Avon is a market town in south Warwickshire, England.

It lies on the River Avon, and is the largest and most populous town of the District of Stratford-on-Avon.

It is best known as the "birthplace of the playwright and poet William Shakespeare."

The Royal Shakespeare Company resides in Stratford's Royal Shakespeare Theatre, one of Britain's most important cultural venues.

Stratford was quite busy, I would hate to be here in peak season.

I found there was heap's to see, and to see it all would need longer time than I had! Glad to see what I did, this met my expectation's of what Stratford Up Avon would be like!

If you wish to continue with me on my journey throughout England, please click on the town name EVERSHAM

• In a nutshell:Stratford is in a lovely setting and well worth visiting!
  • Last visit to Stratford-upon-Avon: Jul 2011
  • Intro Updated Mar 17, 2014

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I so enjoyed the charming buildings, gorgeous fountains and memorials. The churches are always a draw for me too! Excellent page!

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Brilliant opening pic :-) You ARE good.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2014 at 12:05 AM

When my older son was ten I took him to Stratford upon Avon over Easter. I suggested going to see a Shakespeare play, but he preferred to watch television at our B&B. So we saw an exciting film on television about ancient Romans, and it turned out to be -- Shakespeare's Coriolanus.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2012 at 6:04 AM

Thank you for your beautiful page, which has taken me to this lovely town again. And I could see the church in all its glory as it was hidden in scaffolding when we were there.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Stratford-upon-Avon looks like a lovely town with all those beautiful old houses and the River Avon. I wouldn't like to visit in peak season either.

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Stratford-upon-Avon

Have you been to Stratford-upon-Avon?

Latest Activity in Stratford-upon-Avon