"THE PICTURESQUE VILLAGE OF WEOBLEY" Weobley by balhannah
Weobley Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 24 photos
SECOND VILLAGE ON THE BLACK & WHITE TRAIL
Weobley is another black and white village in Herefordshire, England.
Guess What? The MAGPIE is the Village emblem!
This village was a favourite of mine!
The village has an historic Church of St Peter and St Paul, with a Norman south doorway, 13th-century chancel and 14th-century tower, and a spire that is the second-tallest in the county, castle ruins and many Tudor building's.
In the village is 'the Throne', a large 400 year old building where King Charles I spent the night on 5 September 1645, after the Battle of Naseby during the English Civil War.
During the Saxon period it was known that brewing and glove-making were carried out in the village, so you can read, this Village has plenty of history!
So now we are moving onto our last Black and White village,
and that is PEMBRIDGE
- In a nutshell:Drop, Dead, Gorgeous, Village!
To walk this Village is a MUST DO! Practically every building in Village, is listed as grade 11 English heritage, so... more travel advice
Built in the 16th century, this two-storey timber-framed house is believed to have stonework from the nearby castle... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Weobley Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Weobley
- 9 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (221)
Have you been to Weobley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Weobley
Photos in WeobleySee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 241 reviews, 689 photos, 12 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 158 reviews, 291 photos, 3 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dresden Intro, 85 reviews, 275 photos, 2 travelogues
- Copenhagen Intro, 81 reviews, 258 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 79 reviews, 256 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 93 reviews, 242 photos, 1 travelogue