"BEAUTIFUL BOHINJ" Obcina Bohinj by balhannah
Obcina Bohinj Travel Guide: 209 reviews and 494 photos
As soon as I saw Bohinj, I knew I would like it here!
The town and the Lake is set in a valley, surrounded by the Lower Bohinj
Mountains, [2000metres high], and the Triglav mountain range with
Mount Triglav, Slovenia's highest mountain [2864metres high]
The Sava Bohinjka river runs through the town and enters the Lake here.
At over 4km long, Lake Bohinj (Bohinjsko jezero) is the largest permanent lake in Slovenia.
Its depth at the deepest, is 45 metres.
It is not developed like Bled [yet!], and I think this is the beauty of the area.
I think, it is more for people who enjoy the outdoors, the beauty of the area, those who love peace and quiet, but can still go to a Bar or Hotel if they wish.
There is a lot to do if you are the active type, like, walking ALL the way around the Lake, there are many trails that run throughout the valley and for the Mountains.
Tours include, Cycling, Horseback riding and a Steam Train journey.
This is the website if you are interested in the latter....
Winter, and I have seen a photo of the lake when it is completely frozen over!
The ski fields then take over from the Summer activities.
Have I made you want to come?
If so, and you have a car, from Bled, follow the signs to Bohinjska Bistrica, and after 5 km, you are at Lake Bohinj.
Buses run here regularly.
What a beautiful area, somewhere I could come for a weeks holiday!
Well, we have to leave, and now we are going to Skofja Loka so please come along for the ride!
- Pros:Cheaper than Bled!
- In a nutshell:Beautiful, scenic, historic, peaceful, hope it stays this way!
First, we checked at the Tourist Information office on the times the Boat ran, lucky we did, as it was lunch time, so we... more travel advice
To reach St. John the Baptist Church, I had to cross over the old, stone bridge. This arched bridge, crosses over the... more travel advice
balhannah's Related Pages
Obcina Bohinj Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most beautiful alpine lake in Slovenia"
- "A heavently place in Slovenia ...."
- "Bohinjsko jezero - Ribicev laz"
- "Lakeside Holiday..."
- "Bohinjsko jezero; the ideal alpine lake &..."
- "Stunning scenery and blissful peace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Obcina Bohinj
- Hotels in Obcina Bohinj
- Transportation in Obcina Bohinj
- Nightlife in Obcina Bohinj
- Restaurants in Obcina Bohinj
- Warnings and Dangers in Obcina Bohinj
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Obcina Bohinj
- 6 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (649)
Have you been to Obcina Bohinj?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Obcina Bohinj
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brisbane Intro, 271 reviews, 792 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melbourne Intro, 288 reviews, 669 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 192 reviews, 534 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vienna Intro, 134 reviews, 508 photos, 8 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Budapest Intro, 140 reviews, 463 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Queensland Intro, 173 reviews, 338 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adelaide Intro, 115 reviews, 288 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Singapore Intro, 92 reviews, 285 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kangaroo Island Intro, 81 reviews, 289 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maryborough Intro, 83 reviews, 287 photos, 4 travelogues