"THE LAKES, MOUNTAINS & VILLAGES OF SLOVENIA" Slovenia by balhannah

Slovenia Travel Guide: 8,226 reviews and 21,950 photos

DAY1....

It is June 3rd, 2011, and we have just crossed the border from Italy into Slovenia.

We don't drive for too far, before we make our 1st stop at Kranjska Gora and its beautiful Lake.

After a walk around the Lake, it was time to head onto Lake Bled, a beautiful place that I had been looking forward to seeing.

Well, it was nice, but I did think, a little over-rated!

Bohinj and its beautiful Lake was located a short 5kms away, so we went to here and had lunch, and then in the afternoon, did a cruise on the Lake.

This is a very nice spot, especially for people who like "the great outdoors."

We move onto Skofjka Loka, and this is where we decided to call it an end to the day!

DAY 2...

We are going to Croatia today, so please join me for the visit!

We are back from Croatia and now making an overnight stop at
Novo Mesto

DAY 3....

Nova Mesto was quite interesting, and I had a good look before heading across more of Slovenia.

We are now stopping at Brezice

Disappointment here, as the Castle we had come to see was closed. We were allowed to see a little, so that was much better than nothing!

Our next stop is at Slovenj Gradec, which is our last night in Slovenia before we cross the border into Austria.

I hope you have enjoyed travelling Slovenia with me, and will join me as we travel through AUSTRIA, and then onto the Czech Republic.

• In a nutshell:Slovenia has lovely scenery!
  • Last visit to Slovenia: Jun 2011
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2015 at 1:33 PM

Dee, interesting little overview about Slovenia here.

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2014 at 9:30 AM

A great page about a lovely country. I had never heard of a Brillenschaf before, I guess I would have thought of Shaun wearing glasses. We also have the signs about toads here, but still many get run over each spring.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Looking forward to travelling virtually through Slovenia with you :-) Loved the tips about the frogs and sheep here!

• alancollins's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

We love frogs and they rerurn to our garden every year in numbers to mate. Alan

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2012 at 7:20 AM

Good that the Slovenians are taking steps to keep the frogs, toads and newts from getting run over when they cross the road to get to their breeding places. This is a problem in Germany, too, and in some places they have even built frog-sized underpasses under the highways (plus fences to keep the frogs from crossing at street level).

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2012 at 3:05 PM

All of your tips were excellent and did a good job of making the country come to life. I especially thought the cemeteries were uniquely beautiful!!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2011 at 10:12 AM

I had no idea you went to all the place listed. What a fantastic trip you had and this area we yearn to get to-but one day? Your tips are very good

balhannah

“Don't wait till you retire to travel, do it now!”

Badges & Stats in Slovenia

Have you been to Slovenia?